Cinco de Mayo dinner plans? (Sat 5/5/12)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
Okay I know the day is to be celebrated with Mexican but I am sorely lacking Mexican ingredients right now and don't feel like going to the store on a Saturday. I have a ham in fridge waiting to be cooked so I think it will be ham with mac'n'cheese and green beans for supper here.

We are out of most good ingredients, including pretty much anything Mexican, so I'm still not sure what we will be eating tonight. It may be hot dogs and the Blue Box tonight, along with broccoli.

We are off to SO's sister's for a combined Cinco de Mayo/Kentucky Derby party. Maybe we'll make combo mint julip/margaritas.

Authentic Mexican Restaurant: Todo a Mexico

:chef: We are going for dinner with long time expat friends from all over the globe, that we know many years.

The owner, restaurateur, author and chef, Ventura Rocha Criolla is one of our dear friends, and he was the 1st Mexican to open a Mexican restaurant on European soil ... ( 1950s )

Have nice evening,

Margi.

tom yam gung(hot & fiery seafood soup) then thai yellow chicken curry made with scotch bonnet chilli's...well if it's meant to be hot..........:yum:!!

I guess something with Mayo.

img_1135429_0_7f6f90f459cf026d8115278c60b7b5fa.jpg

Having delivered: Refries, Mexican rice, chicken tamales, beef burritos and chile rellanos. Yum!!!!

Derby time and then I will order.

Probably having stir fried Kirkland brand "stir fry mix" frozen vegis with ground beef and lots of sesame seeds.

Feliz Cinco de Mayo and Happy Derby Day. !

I remembered earlier this week I have yet to have a Hot Brown Sandwich, and today, I remember I have never had a Mint Julep either. I have had, however, more than a lifetime supply of Margaritas ( although not quite enough cervezas).:ermm:

Dinner is going to be Mexican flavored using Planned Leftovers from yesterday’s grilling. I am making a Potato quesadilla ( using a chopped leftover potato , taco seasoned with extra cumin, onion, garlic. Fry it up real crispy and add some cheese then filling a tortilla to toast in a fry pan. I prepared Chicken Flautas and they are in the oven right now. Serving with Sour cream and (jarred) salsa.

I baked a Rhubarb pie today too!!. Went out in the rain and pulled up some rhubarb. The pie crust doesn’t look too beautiful, but it will be covered with a big scoop vanilla ice cream.

There is a whole lot of chopping and dicing going on in my kitchen today.

Probably having stir fried Kirkland brand "stir fry mix" frozen vegis with ground beef and lots of sesame seeds.
That turned out good. I used a mesquite, pepper sauce made by a friend of mine, Peppermaster, for a restaurant called, Mesquite. It was just the touch it needed to knock it up a notch. We added some Frank's Hot Sauce at the table. It didn't really add any heat, because the other sauce was a fair bit hotter, but it did add another dimension to the flavour.

Poutine for lunch--just had to have it. Since I'm camping at the house in the City, I had to make something with 1 bulb of fennel, 1/2 onion, 2 turkey wings, 4 c chicken stock (made with ginger/curry), 3 carrots, 1 lemon, 2 stalks of celery, 1/2 c cottage cheese, 2 c parsley, 1/2 lb mushrooms, 2 T cilantro, 2 T green onion tops. 1 c chick peas, 2 c leftover brown rice. 2 tsp of my friend's homemade curry powder, one stock pot, one steak knife. I made a soup. It was very tasty.

Attachments

• May 5 001.jpg
    May 5 001.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 163
Back
Top Bottom