Coffee!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
middie said:
i don't really like coffee at all but i do like french vanilla capuccino from the gas station lol

lol, middie, do they have a sign in front of the coffee / food counter that says, "eat here, and get gas"? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I used to NEED a cup of coffee in the morning before I could do anything other than grunt. Thank god for my wife, she understood my grunts and also understood that I was not to be held accountable for anything before having a cup. I have since quit having coffee every morning because the caffeine was causing me some trouble. I still have a cup every once in a while, but very rarely. I wake up much better without it now. I am am much more pleasant person in the morning since I quit. It took me about 3 weeks to get over the dependence, but I am so happy I did.

When I go out for breakfast (which is rare) I will get a cup and on the weekends when it is a beautiful morning my wife and I will still go out and sit by the pool in our bathrobes and have a cup, but that is maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

I don't miss the coffee that much, but sometimes I miss the routine. I just really loved the smell and the warm cup in my hand.

I drink it black or as they said when we were in Jamaica, straight from the mountain. I enjoy it very strong, but there is a difference between strong and burnt or over roasted like Starbucks.

Gevalia is not bad and they usually give you a free coffee maker if you place an order of like $10 or so. I did that to get my coffee maker when I went to college. The coffee maker is well worth $10 so I thought it was a great deal. I canceled right after also and they never bothered me again.

buckytom said:
middie said:
i don't really like coffee at all but i do like french vanilla capuccino from the gas station lol

lol, middie, do they have a sign in front of the coffee / food counter that says, "eat here, and get gas"? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

no silly but maybe they should??? lol

Taster's Choice, hot and black. Three 16 ounce cups the first hour and a half I'm up. Little or none after that.

Like Dove I like Splenda. Used to be the absolute highlight of my day...that first cup of coffee in the morning...that first sip with sugar and half and half....ahhhhh...heaven. Then I started using Splenda (unwillingly at first) and fat free half and half. So, about a week later I made it my old way as a "treat" and had to throw it out - YUCK - too sugary. Which actually is a good thing.

So...Splenda and fat free half and half - and I tend to like the African coffees or a real honest-to-goodness Costa Rican.

I like a bold, rich and flavorful coffee, no sugar or cream, black. I get beans from Starbucks and prever the Summatra, Sulganese (think I spelled that wrong), Kenya and the expresso, French Roast is good as well. The are all dark roasted beans. The African beans are richer, but I also like Columbian coffee. I am a coffee snob and if it has been sitting on the burner for over 20 minutes it is UGH. I grind my own beans every morning and make one cup at a time in my French coffee press. My coffee pot, which I got from Gevalia, is a thermos and the water is on nearly all day. Occasionally I like a Cappaccino or Latte. My father was also a coffee drinker and he told me when he was growing up in Norway there was always one of those campfire type pots, which held 2-3 gallons was always on the pot belly stove. They would put a couple cups of grounds in the bottom and fill with water, when the coffee was gone they would add more fresh grounds and egg shells and fill again with water. When the pot was so full of grounds that you could not add any more, it was taken to the garden as mulch. He said when the pot was nearly ready to be mulch the coffee was so think it was like molasses. He said it was the best tasting coffee he had ever had.

norgeskog, you are quite a vivid writer.
I can almost smell the coffee!
Thank you for sharing your dad's memory!
trink25.gif

jkath said:
trink25.gif

Thanks to you too, jkath. It is such nice thing to get a compliment from someone, you made my day.

jkath said:
trink25.gif

Thanks to you too, jkath. It is such nice thing to get a compliment from someone, you made my day.

Taboo said:
I have a sign in my kitchen that reads

Instant Human Just add Coffee!

I myself make terrible coffee. DH brings me cappucino 1/3 espresso,1/3 hot milk, 1/3 foam! This is our third espresso maker in 11 years. I have 1 in the am 1 before dinner and thats usally it.

Taboo, I gave a sign with those words to my brother and it is the truth. I did not dare talk to him in the morning until he had his coffee.

It like my coffee with:
French vanilla cream.
Regular cream and caramel flavoring
Like Bang, I like iced coffees
White chocolate mocha when I want to indulge
Espresso Shake - ice cream, a double shot of espresso blended with milk and topped with a caramel sauce.

geeez, I'm boring.. I, most of the time, just have my Folgers black.. even if I get it from Tim Hortons.. it's black.. unless I feel in a special mood one morning, I'll put in cream and sugar. :roll:

The espresso shake I just tried this last weekend. It was so good. I was in seventh heaven. I could even have one of those in the winter. The best thing was I came upon the coffee place by accident, made wrong turn. I had been looking for a coffee place in that part of town. I know where I will be stopping every time I come to Reno.

I can't wait.. there is a new restaurant opening here in town.. as part of the restaurant, they are having a cafe... and having all kinds of specialty coffees, etc.. I'll be a regular!

Actually, I am glad we don't have one in town, because I probably would live at the place. I just get my fix when I go to Reno or one of the other local towns that has one. Tomorrow, after I go to the lab I will be heading straight towards the local coffee shop/bakery.

yeah that's another thing they are going to have.. baked goods, from what I understand. A local dj (from a local radio station) is the owner.. and they are going to have everything from biscotti to MUFFINS!

Back
Top Bottom