Comfort Saturday... Dinner Anyone ? 4/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Twin Burgers under Mushroom Gravy, White Rice, Harvard Beets... SoS - Catalina French...

Burger with Mushroom Gravy, Harvard Beets.jpg

Scouring the freezer, I came up with a meal of chili and one of turkey noodle soup from Thanksgiving. That'll be the main components of dinner tonight.

My friend is bringing us dinner. Not sure what... but I am 100% sure it will be great.

I am making a huge pot of bean soup to share with her family. :) Sure smells good here!

We will still be practicing safe distancing. :)

Steak fajitas with red bells and red onions, with mexican potato salad.

Attachments

• 2020-04-18 18.24.55.jpg
    2020-04-18 18.24.55.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 164
If David can't go to Hawai'I, then Hawai'I must come to David.

Poké three ways. 1 using the seasoning and sauce that came with the Ahi Tuna, 2 recipe from Kaneohegirlinaz , 3 my own recipe with pineapple, Vidalia onion, cucumber, teriyaki sauce, and Aleppo pepper.

And a Hilton Hawaiian Village Mai Tai.20200418_185612.jpg

Last edited:
If David can't go to Hawai'I, then Hawai'I must come to David.

Poké three ways. 1 using the seasoning and sauce that came with the Ahi Tuna, 2 recipe from Kaneohegirlinaz , 3 my own recipe with pineapple, Vidalia onion, cucumber, teriyaki sauce, and Aleppo pepper.

And a Hilton Hawaiian Village Mai Tai.View attachment 40445

That's one honkin' good sized Mai Tai there Dave!
I hope you have some Hawaiian Music going in the background too! :LOL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fG9qHjZhys

Here's a friend of ours playing at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Tapa Bar

I tried to find my video of the Friday Night Fireworks too, but dunno what happened to it, dang it! Well, we'll just have to go back and film another one

We had a large grocery delivery that we decontaminated and put away. So, we are both out of spoons. We came up with a supper plan. I made up some hot Italian sausage a while back and fried it in crumbles and froze it. Thursday I decided to try making pesto by hand, in a mortar with a pestle. DH cooked up some whole wheat fusilli and added in the pesto, some pasta water, and the Italian sausage crumbles. That was very tasty. I'm not sure if that pesto was tastier, but it sure was delightfully fragrant while I was making it. We had rosé wine with that. I'm baking a "hurry up chocolate cake" for dessert. It is in the oven now.

Attachments

• IMG_20200418_182110.jpg
    IMG_20200418_182110.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 175
That's one honkin' good sized Mai Tai there Dave!
I hope you have some Hawaiian Music going in the background too! [emoji38]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fG9qHjZhys

Here's a friend of ours playing at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Tapa Bar

I tried to find my video of the Friday Night Fireworks too, but dunno what happened to it, dang it! Well, we'll just have to go back and film another one
Very cool! I have gone past the Tapas Bar many times but never stopped for a drink.

Lol I just mixed up the standard recipe, 2.5 oz alcohol, 3 oz juice. [emoji3] You should have seen the double [emoji106][emoji106]

I forgot, Dave, the Ahi that you got, was it something like these?

View attachment 40446

View attachment 40448

I have not bought these, but they must do well here in Cowboyville ;)
This is what I used. The Poké bowl in your second picture I can get occasionally at Aldi. It is pretty good. Great for lunch.

You mentioned the fireworks....you mean these over the lagoon? [emoji6] 20200418_191458.jpg20180518_194501.jpg

If it's Saturday, it must be potato, onion, and kielbasa soup day - with a yellow squash and zucchini chopped up and thrown in there for variety.

My wife had leftover Beyond Meat Meatloaf
I made hat Asian chicken dish ( obviously fake chicken for me) that I posted in the thread with the strange looking Chinese BBQ Sauce I saw on DDD. I purchased the vegetarian version of the sauce on amazon and received it a few days ago, and yesterday put it to work. Came out really good.

This is what I used. The Poké bowl in your second picture I can get occasionally at Aldi. It is pretty good. Great for lunch.

You mentioned the fireworks....you mean these over the lagoon? [emoji6] View attachment 40453View attachment 40454

YES!!!

photo (3).jpg

That's where we use to hang out, until it got polluted again :(

DSC00138.jpg

Now we go over to Magic Island most days and then Ala Moana
Foodland Farms is RIGHT across the street!!! :in_love:
We went there far too many times last year,
we spent a fortune there, oh well, support the local economy, right?:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom