Comfort Saturday... Dinner Anyone? 8/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
"California" Burger ; Lettuce, Tomato, Onion & Mayo - Air Fries, Super Succotash (Corn, Limas & Stewed Tomatoes), Dill Slices, Cucumber Salad...

Burger, California.jpg

IMG_4196.jpg

Gosh, it's been so long since having a Jersey Mike's hogie. I had to look to remember my fave. Then I got way-laid by their tomato slicer machine...

Dinner was grill smoked spare ribs on the Weber kettle, microwaved corn on and off the cobs, and cole slaw.

Attachments

• jersey mikes tomato slicer.jpg
    jersey mikes tomato slicer.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 63
We had Angus burgers cooked on the grill. Served it on kaiser buns with the usual fixings: lettuce, sliced onion, Boston lettuce, pickled jalapeno slices, yellow mustard for DH, and some blue cheese dressing. Garlic dill pickles on the side. One of these days I really have to plan ahead and have some potato or pasta salad ready to go with this.

Pepperoni and onion pizza.

Attachments

• 60F2E5B9-BFC5-4B9D-B99D-4653768244D5_1_105_c.jpg
    60F2E5B9-BFC5-4B9D-B99D-4653768244D5_1_105_c.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 67
Had a trip planned to the chalet. Visit with both my sons and grandkids. Got cancelled when a bridge I need to cross was jammed packed with weekenders. A diesel truck pulled up near me and before I could hit the air circulation for inside only - the diesel fumes were inside. Both the dog and I developed huge headaches - I gave up and came home.

all that to say...

Ate an entire Ciabatta brochette c butter and ham + a bottle of wine.

Great supper!

Busy day today, so it was convenience dinner tonight.
Marie Callender's frozen Pot Pies
:yuk:
We won't be buying those any more.
The last 3 or 4 times that I've bought them
they've not been as before.
Very little gravy in them and the crust is
very gummy, no bueno!

I'll tell ya Kgirl...KFC has really good generous Chicken Pot Pies. I couldn't believe it either, but they are delicious. Light crispy buttery crust, and the filling is really good. $5. each. A salad, and you're set.

Tonight there aren't any pictures but I did our favorite lamb chops, this time seasoned with my new found favorite seasoning...Singapore Seasoning from My Spice Sage. We also had mushroom/spinach/orzo seasoned with the same, and garlic cheese toast to round it all out.
:chef:

Freshly ground beef patties on the grill on toasted buns with fried okra and homemade guacamole.

Attachments

• IMG_20200731_225802.jpg
    IMG_20200731_225802.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 55
I'll tell ya Kgirl...KFC has really good generous Chicken Pot Pies. I couldn't believe it either, but they are delicious. Light crispy buttery crust, and the filling is really good. $5. each. A salad, and you're set.

:chef:

Back before the gout was so bad I loved the KFC pot pies.

Worked a long day yesterday, went to Chilis for a salad.

Busy day today, so it was convenience dinner tonight.
Marie Callender's frozen Pot Pies
:yuk:
We won't be buying those any more.
The last 3 or 4 times that I've bought them
they've not been as before.
Very little gravy in them and the crust is
very gummy, no bueno!
I just had one the other day. It was beef. Came out of the microwave with crispy brown top and bottom crust and plenty of gravy. Almost to much gravy. I am always happy with the crust. I like the beef best.

I agree with the KFC pot pie having a nice flavor and I love the puff pastry crust. Although sometimes the chicken pieces can be grizzly, to crunchy or rubbery. And I like a top and bottom crust.

I made a big batch of pesto with basil from the garden, so for dinner, I made crostini topped with pesto, chopped tomatoes and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese; grilled chicken cutlets with Penzeys Pizza Seasoning and salt; and pesto pasta topped with grilled peppers and okra from our garden.20200801_203440.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom