Definition of Foodie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bangbang

Executive Chef
The noun "foodie" has 1 sense in WordNet.

1. epicure, gourmet, gastronome, bon vivant, epicurean, foodie -- (a person devoted to refined sensuous enjoyment (especially good food and drink))

I like that one as well. I went over to Wikipedia which is usually a great encyclopedia for subculture and surprisingly there is no entry so after this thread winds down I'll do a little research, feed it into word so my spelling dosnet end up too offensive and put one up myself.

foodie - When you smell it, see it, taste it, hear it cook, discuss it, read about it, buy it, touch it, your heart beats faster - foodie

that pretty much says it for us here. There is a wide line that separates those who live to eat and those who eat to live, personally it is more enjoyable in the former than the latter.

When you spend months in the garden with some seeds just to finally get some product you can use for a meal, you are a foodie.

How about if your reply when people say, "you are what you eat" is that you'd rather be a spectacular 7 course meal than a bowl of whole grain gruel?

When they say, "your body is a temple" your reply is that you worship at church, not in the mirror, and ... oh, by the way ... the ritual sacrifice at a temple was ... lamb. I'll take mine in great kabobs. Oh, no, maybe a rosemary-infused leg ... or ......

you know you're a foodie when people groan if you ask them to go to the grocery store with you 'to pick up a few things', cause you both know this means you'll be there for a good 2 hours, slowly browsing up and down each aisle, hemming and hawing over which brand is better, which steak has better marbling, whether to buy the wasabi powder or the wasabi paste... :D

Claire said:
When they say, "your body is a temple" your reply is that you worship at church, not in the mirror, and ... oh, by the way ... the ritual sacrifice at a temple was ... lamb. I'll take mine in great kabobs. Oh, no, maybe a rosemary-infused leg ... or ......

8)

Back
Top Bottom