Did You Go Sunny Side Up This Morning? Breakfast/Brunch 4-10-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
I made a "clean out the fridge frittata" for breakfast!:yum: How about we have a breakfast thread on the weekends instead of the never ending one already in existence?:chef:

I made a "clean out the fridge frittata" for breakfast!:yum: How about we have a breakfast thread on the weekends instead of the never ending one already in existence?:chef:

Good idea. Here it is 2:30 p.m. and I haven't even had a bite. I think I am still full from yesterday and the pasta feast. :angel:

Good idea. Here it is 2:30 p.m. and I haven't even had a bite. I think I am still full from yesterday and the pasta feast. :angel:

You can certainly make a frittata with un-sauced pasta.

I always do a briunch for Sundfay, so, tortilla chips and salsa, chorizo y huevos, warm butteered flour tortillas, coffee, and pineapple mimosas

I don't know what it is, but weekend breakfasts always seem special. Well, maybe because it's more leisurely or not dropping crumbs on your desk at work.

I wasn't so hungry today and Dx is out of town. I made one soft boiled egg, one slice sourdough toast and a couple cups Constant Comment tea.
I'm trying to decide if I should make a pot of coffee, since I'm dragging a bit this afternoon.

DH made me a frittata with bacon we bought at the Nahunta Pork store in NC, onions and bell peppers. Yummy! He also made hash browns.

I told him he didn't need to preheat the pan; the eggs got a little dark, but it was delicious and I love that he wants to cook for me on the weekends :wub:

Attachments

• 2016-04-10 10.25.28.jpg
    2016-04-10 10.25.28.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 202
Sunday is when I've always gone the extra mile for breakfast. Even though we're both retired and it's just the two of us, things seem more leisurely on Sunday.

Today we had soft scrambled eggs, fried (thick) local bacon, toasted English muffins with cherry preserves, orange juice and coffee.

We tend to take our time eating breakfast on Sunday, which makes it more of an "occasion" than just breakfast.

We had brunch this noon. I defrosted some corned beef I had saved from St Patricks Day dinner and chopped that up with some onion and potato for corned beef hash. I poached eggs to top the hash.

I had a microwave poached egg, à la Kayelle, served over a cup of leftover chopped broccoli with a good squirt of hot sauce and a piece of crunchy toast with butter and SF blackberry jam. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom