Dine with us question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We normally do, luvs, but, you can cook it for lunch also. Any day during the weekend too. We just use Saturday as a starting point.

luvs_food said:
thanks, tex. i may join some weekend.

Good, the more the better. I'm glad to see you on here more. Hope school is going good for you. Can't wait to here all the stuff you get to do.

Did we decide what to cook this weekend?
I'll have to do it on Friday but... I really want to join in.
Life has just been tooooo busy.

I think only two of us agreed to that TG... not really a decision.

But, sure sounds good to me.

"Dine with us!" was an old idea we brought back to try, maybe before most of you joined DC. I think PDS had just joined when we pulled it if I remember right... anyway, the idea back then was - someone picked and posted a recipe and we all made the same dish, but just getting a group of people together to cook something similar and discuss the results (with pics) is pretty cool IMO.:cool:

The reason we archived the "Dine with us!" forum is because it died out and most people lost interest. I thought because we have so many new members this might work again so we gave it a go. If it gets to slow - we may have to archive it again though...:(

It doesn't really matter to me. I cook southern stuff all the time, so not a big deal. DH told me to go to Popeyes and try to tell you guys that I made it!!:LOL: :ROFLMAO:
That's alright, I am tempted to make him some REAL southern foods and make him eat it. I have a Southern cookbook that I haven't looked at in a while. Maybe I'll find something in there different.
Next weekend though, I think we'll do Spanish, IF, everyone is okay with that. I found a lot of different dishes that sounded good. Dina was so excited to see that one on the poll.
As for the rest of the groups, I found different stuff from all those countries that just sounded wonderful. I'm not used to all the different dishes from all around the world as some of you guys are and I just thought I would broaden my palette:mrgreen:

MJ said:
"Dine with us!" was an old idea we brought back to try, maybe before most of you joined DC. I think PDS had just joined when we pulled it if I remember right... anyway, the idea back then was - someone picked and posted a recipe and we all made the same dish, but just getting a group of people together to cook something similar and discuss the results (with pics) is pretty cool IMO.:cool:

The reason we archived the "Dine with us!" forum is because it died out and most people lost interest. I thought because we have so many new members this might work again so we gave it a go. If it gets to slow - we may have to archive it again though...:(

OOOHHH, okay. Well, I guess I just thought it was choose ethnic cooking, instead of just a single dish.

I do remember it from before MJ. But, I think you're right that it was pulled right after I joined.

ok, Southern this week, Spanish next! Sounds good to me.

I'll be making.. Chicken Brunswick Stew
and Zucchini Custard bake. Both are from one of Paula Deen's books.
No dessert because we're going to a big big dinner on Saturday.

texasgirl said:
OOOHHH, okay. Well, I guess I just thought it was choose ethnic cooking, instead of just a single dish.
Texasgirl, the way you guys are doing it now is just fine. I really loved pizza night!

Choose an Ethnic dish or whatever you want - just so we can have an excuse to gab about a virtual meal we made together.:)

I like doing it TG's way. This way we can still have a choice on what to make but.. be part of the party.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom