Dinner 1-29-2016 ~ Curmudgeon's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I bet everyone here knows, or knows of, someone who would qualify to be the honoree for today's "holiday". :D Make them a nice meal and eat with joy!

I already assembled a casserole dish of scalloped ham and potatoes, which I will bake later. In the meantime, I'll be making a fruit salad with an assortment from the produce drawer, and perhaps a greens salad to have with the ham-and-taters.

For your reading pleasure: Curmudgeons Day

Just got a phone call and I guess we are going to be having conch chowder made with some conch a friend of Craig's recently bought and/or caught in the Bahamas while filming hammerheads.

I live with a curmudgeon! He'll be pleased to know there's a special day for him. Or not.

Plan is Pace's chicken chili. I've been on a mission to find the roasted poblanos I put in the freezer this summer. It's like a needle in a haystack. I know they're in there, but danged if I can find them.

Medtran, I would love to see the hammerhead video...

Edit: my curmudgeon picked up three of the mildest jalapeno peppers I've ever tasted. Nice looking, but absolutely no heat. Good thing, as I couldn't find my poblanos.

Last edited:
You talkin' bout me?

Stir fry cashew chicken. Chicken, green pepper, green onions, bamboo shoots, and of course, cashews. Finished with Trader Ming's General Tsao stir fry sauce.

I live with a curmudgeon!

Plan is Pace's chicken chili. I've been on a mission to find the roasted poblanos I put in the freezer this summer. It's like a needle in a haystack. I know they're in there, but danged if I can find them.

Medtran, I would love to see the hammerhead video...

It will be on TV or in a movie eventually. I don't know what he was filming for exactly, though if I had to guess it's probably a segment for Shark Week.

It is so nice here today I fired up the smoker. A nice steak, baked potato, a salad and fruit for dessert. It is supposed to be just as nice tomorrow so I think I am going to pull a pork butt out of the freezer to smoke in the morning.

It's just my husband and me tonight. Our 3 boys have plans. One went bowling, one went to movies, and one is at MSG at the Nick's game. We're having popcorn shrimp over a salad of greens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was leftovers. I had a huge lunch of chicken marsala and a salad and didn't feel like cooking. DH had some leftover casserole, DS had the chili and I had some cheese slices.

My curmudgeon and I had a treat for supper tonight, though we are still in the diet-mode, that will be picked back up manana...

002.JPG

Steak frites with a lovely side salad, and for moi, a nice glass (or three) of a gorgeous merlot, MMM!

HEH! isn't there still some cheesecake in the deep freeze? HMMM ;)

We had a favorite easy peasy dish we love...http://www.discusscooking.com/forum...-aux-herbes-de-provence-la-kayelle-90863.html

The Souschef scored some beautiful first of the season asparagus at $1.99 lb !!!
Oh happy day, they were trimmed and olive oil roasted on a sheet pan next to the tenderloin.
Toasted tater tots for him and grape tomatoes for both of us made us happy.
The mandatory dinner wine is always the kiss to dinner.

Last edited:
I did pasta. Found some crab in the freezer so reduxed some 5% cream, added a bit of dijon and capers and garlic and the crab. Put the crab "Juice" and a clove garlic in the pasta water. I didn't have any parm, so I dressed it with nutritional yeast and fresh parsley. Four ounces of that was enough for me. I know what i'm having for lunch tomorrow.

Ha! I had to ask of what a curmudgeon is! There are no ones here!

Tonight we had a wonderful dinner! Joyce make her chicen soup all handmade with the French bread with the cheese and garlic butter upon it and a small garden salad of the sides.

I have never seen this type of soup made before, so she taught me of this. She had the handmade chicken soup broth already made but frozen. She thawed this, put it in her soup pot, and put a whole before-prepared rotisserie chicken in it!

She let it cook under, and lifted the chicken out and dismembered the meat from the bones of it on a platter. She cut it all up and put all of the meat and the skins of it back into her pot. She seasoned this with oregano, sage, thyme, rosemary and paprika and let it cook on just the little bubbles she said was simmer.

She added to the end of it the cut up carrots, potatoes and peas from their garden last year and said it was fixed when they were not frozen but still a bit firm. She said she hates of soggy vegetables of soups and stews.

I brought my journal to the kitchen, but she pushed it aside and said, "No, you might want to take this to Catina II." She went to her computer room and gave me of a different journal and told me to write the recipe upon this.

It was so very good! So, I shall have of a cooking journal now! And I shall be asking of all of you for new recipes again!

For dessert, she had this new gelation ice cream and the very nice fresh pineapple.

I feel as of home!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom