Dinner 10-24-2015 ~ 'Sup for Saturday Supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like a great meal for a cold day, creative. Might be a great winter recipe. ;)

Re: beets. Himself never was a fan, except for pickled beets. He's of Slovak decent, so I guess it's in the genes. However, since I've been roasting them, he eats them even when there are other choices. Not a plateful, of course, but I know he's not eating them just to make me happy. Happy is leaving them for ME to eat! :LOL: I've used all types of herbs or spices, and we like them all ways so far. I've used (individually) cinnamon, nutmeg, garam masala, and now thyme. Each is different, and each was good.

I forgot how much I like roasted beets, with lots of butter! :yum: On my grocery list now too.

I didn't get around to grilling the chicken thighs yesterday, so they went on the grill this afternoon. Homemade potato salad from yesterday. The green beans, shallots and bacon bits were all pulled from the freezer, and a small slice of part of a hoagie roll was buttered and thrown on the grill at the last minute. :yum: It all worked though, I'm stuffed.
That looks really yummy.

Good looking vegis, CG. Was there any meat?

We went to Jukebox Burgers with some friends. Good burgers. Then we went for coffee at Second Cup.

Good looking vegis, CG. Was there any meat?...
Thanks, taxy! Yes, there are a few slices of chicken breast with mushrooms, from around the 5:30 spot until 7:00. We had two different chicken dishes left from earlier in the week. Mine was pan-roasted with shallots and mushrooms, Himself had some of the smothered chicken (peppers, onions, mushrooms, monterey jack cheese).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom