Dinner 10-3-2019 ~ Techies Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Today is National Techies Day! All hail to our in-house DC techies for getting the forum we love back up and running recently.

We'll be having super-thick pork chops braised in onions, sauerkraut, and beer. I'll be christening my new Staub pot (we'll see if Himself notices that I got myself a new kitchen bauble ;) ). Sides will be mashed potatoes, pickled beets, and maybe a salad. Or maybe another warm side.

What are you having today?

My older son (Joey) and his wife (Dawn) are coming to dinner tonight. We wanted to show them all our house changes, since everything is still sparkling.

For a starter, we'll snack on hot artichoke dip with crackers and celery sticks.
We're having sous vide tri tip finished on Wilma, roasted asparagus, Mama's Calico Beans, and cheese garlic toast. I'll post the recipe for the family favorite beans if anyone is interested.

Himself didn't notice the new Staub pan. He was too busy admiring the chops. He really liked the applesauce, too. Wrinkly apples and a few splashes of Bourbon turns out yummy!
IMG_20191003_203512629.jpgIMG_20191003_205641338.jpg

"Wrinkly apples and a few splashes of Bourbon turns out yummy!" Noted, and I'll try this.

The plan had been to make Kayelle's egg foo yung. I just couldn't find the enthusiasm to cook, so we ordered out. I had a Cobb salad and DH had fish and chips.

Lovely sounding dinners this evening. :yum: I threw together a BLT salad this afternoon - pretty darn good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom