Dinner 11th September

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we had Grilled Salmon with Thai Curry Sauce and Basmati rice served with a thai style salad it was delicious :yum:

Dinner.png

Not sure what dinner will be. Today is a day to remember those that passed 11 years ago.:mad:

I took some hamburger out of the freezer and will do up our version of burritos tonight. The yungun has band practice so it will be a quick dinner that we can eat in shifts.

Looks amazing Kylie!

Tonight's dinner is steak sandwiches. Shaved beef marinating in a light teriyaki sauce, with shredded lettuce, garden tomatoes and roasted garlic mayonnaise. Tater tots on the side.

I am going to my in-law's for Chinese food as it is my MIL's birthday.

Since 911 happened their kids and spouses have tried really hard to make it a special day. But we also always take some time to talk about that day and pray for all those affected (which is everyone, including us Canadians).

DH has to work, but he is hoping to be able to stop in at some point if it fits into his route.

I'm making Sticky Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs, leftover Tabbouleh (Lebanese bulgar salad), steamed baby carrots (just thinking about maple-orange glazed carrots made my teeth itch!), and I will continue with the 2005 Mosolo Gleni pinot grigio. It is excellent!

Last edited:
Most of you know how strongly I feel that cauliflower is an awful vegetable. I've made my feelings clear. I mention this because I want you to understand tonight's dinner is a labor of love.

I'm making a low carb dish with cauliflower. It also includes Italian sausage, smoked Gouda and cream cheese so if I'm lucky, I won't be able to taste the cauliflower at all.

I'm going to make the chicken-pot-pie thing I didn't make yesterday....

So, what do you get when you mix:

• 1/2 left over roast chicken
  • the last 3 red skin potatoes from the pantry
  • last bits of bags of frozen vegetables from the freezer
  • chicken stock from the back of the freezer
  • tube of crescent rolls from the fridge
  • herbs from the garden
  • onion/carrots/celery from the fridge
Not sure? Here it is......

Attachments

• ChickenNCrescents.jpg
    ChickenNCrescents.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 185
  • ChickenNCrescentsDish.jpg
    ChickenNCrescentsDish.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 170
Looks good Dave. I wish my Hubby would eat it. I know I would. Yum!

Tonights supper here will be chicken and Parmesan pasta. I will also have green beans with mine! :)

WOW :yum: It looks delicious, Kylie. Beautiful plate.

Way to tough it out, Andy :LOL:

I'm going to fix some chicken 'n biscuits with some leftover chicken. Uhh, no biscuits though, so it will be over mashed potatoes :rolleyes:

Beef ribs have been rubbed and are slowly becoming delicious on the bbq. There's a mesquite wood chip puck in there too. I'll sauce them up just before we eat 'em. Rice blend on the stove simmering in broth. Green salad and tomato cuke salad with balsamic vinegar are also going on the table. Strawberry shortbread thing for dessert.

I didn't make it for Chinese food. When I was at the grocery store one of the cashiers called me over to her till and this woman with a baby stroller (no baby, it was for her groceries) went ahead. The teller said no, this lady is first so the woman bashed her stroller into my bad leg really hard. I'm okay, but the leg is still sore and I have a really bad headache. No, I am not pressing charges but had to fill out an accident report with the store.

I may just heat up some more pulled pork or have some cereal.

Yet another day of seemingly neverending heat. Found some sun-dried tomato-infused turkey breast at the Deli so... making hot turkey sandwiches with a side of cold agnolotti pasta salad. Grapes & lots of fruit in the fridge to munch on.

Last edited:
I didn't make it for Chinese food. When I was at the grocery store one of the cashiers called me over to her till and this woman with a baby stroller (no baby, it was for her groceries) went ahead. The teller said no, this lady is first so the woman bashed her stroller into my bad leg really hard. I'm okay, but the leg is still sore and I have a really bad headache. No, I am not pressing charges but had to fill out an accident report with the store.

I may just heat up some more pulled pork or have some cereal.
Oh no! What an effing bitch. Why didn't you press charges? I hope your leg and head are better soon. (((hugs)))

taxlady said:
Oh no! What an effing bitch. Why didn't you press charges? I hope your leg and head are better soon. (((hugs)))

+1

Geez, just what you need, LP. So sorry.

We had chicken enchiladas and corn casserole, with snickerdoodles, courtesy of United Way fundraiser.

Last edited:
Looks amazing Kylie!

Tonight's dinner is steak sandwiches. Shaved beef marinating in a light teriyaki sauce, with shredded lettuce, garden tomatoes and roasted garlic mayonnaise. Tater tots on the side.

Thankyou Deb :)

I love the sound of your steak sandwiches too :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom