Dinner 12-17-2019 ~ Still Stormy Tuesday - turning blue.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Today is soup weather. While I will be starting a pot of beef-barley soup shortly, that's tomorrow's supper. Tonight will be something a little spicy: salsa chicken with melted cheddar cheese on a bed of rice, with black beans and corn on the side.

What will you be tempting your tummy with tonight?

Not feeling energetic, I went for my pantry "too lazy or just don't care today" shelf and pulled off a package of Nissin Chow Mein, took some pork gyoza out of the freezer and called that dinner..

At least the bread pudding for dessert is real.. :ROFLMAO:

Ross

Today's episode of foods I cook when SO is away, is all about chicken fried steak with sausage gravy and Tater Tots. Something green will lessen the guilt.

Cincinnati Chile !

Cincinnatti Chili 12-2019.jpg

Today's episode of foods I cook when SO is away, is all about chicken fried steak with sausage gravy and Tater Tots. Something green will lessen the guilt.

Dh has been jonesing for chicken fried steak with white gravy. He will get it some cause Omaha Steaks just sent me the CF steaks.

I'm fixing a green chile, ground beef goulash over mashed potatoes tonight.

Sort of a pho/ramen noodle fusion bowl with Asian flavors marinated pork tenderloin, baby bok choy, radish, green onions, and jalapeno slices for Craig, with a little drizzle of sesame oil for me.

Ricotta pound cake for dessert after it cools a bit.

Attachments

• 2019-12-17 18.42.32.jpg
    2019-12-17 18.42.32.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 78

Here's the evidence:

Attachments

• C54EF0D8-58FA-4040-8238-5CEB48D20EF2_1_201_a.jpg
    C54EF0D8-58FA-4040-8238-5CEB48D20EF2_1_201_a.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 114
We just had a country omelette with feta and toast made from a really tasty, whole grain and sunflower seed bread.

One of my favorites -(after and before baking - in that order):

Chicken Enchiladas - with my home-made red enchilada sauce, and some Havarti chipotle/habanero cheese, topped with sour cream & scallions.

Attachments

• IMG_9166 Baked & plated enchiladas.jpg
    IMG_9166 Baked & plated enchiladas.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_7162- Enchiladas (2).JPG
    IMG_7162- Enchiladas (2).JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 60
Actually, this is today's before baking pic - the one above was an older one, same colored cheese & made the same way, but not the Havarti chipotle habanero I used today.
Perhaps you noticed the red pigmentation in this one (from the interspersed speckles of chipotle), as opposed to the earlier photo which featured plain yellow cheese.

Attachments

• IMG_9165 Chicken Enchiladas before baking.jpg
    IMG_9165 Chicken Enchiladas before baking.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Asian chicken salad with rotiss chix, peapods, sliced water chestnuts, mandarin oranges, green onions, on micro greens with a sesame oil ginger orange dressing. Ice box cookies for dessert.

Got too busy and we missed our anversary, yesterday. We had our aniverdary dinner tonight: sno 6crab legs, lobster claws, and porterhiuse steaks that came out medium rare, tender and full of flavor.
Desert was strawberry-cheesecake, greek yogurt, chased with a glass of cran-raspberry juice
It eas a great dinner for DW and me.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom