Dinner 14th November, 2006 (Tuesday)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
Tonight: full three course menu.....starter made for me, and was a bit unexpected.

Lobster thermador, followed by a humble feeling salmon fillet, with beluga lentils, sauteed leeks, and the last handful of rice from the boxes of wild rice, white rice and carmargue rice. then a rough pudding of end of a packet of filo around a date stuffed russet apple.:)

Tonight is going to be shrimp bisque, salad with toasted almonds and maybe some dried apricots, then we will likely have brandied chicken on pasta as our entree with a cooked veggie to be named later.

I'm in the mood for a big, juicy hamburger ....... so I'll grill some up on my George Forman grill. We'll have that and homemade fries and pickles.

We had a pot luck at the office today. I made Swedish meatballs. The leftovers will be dinner.

GB said:
We had a pot luck at the office today. I made Swedish meatballs. The leftovers will be dinner.

To make it a real Swedish style, see if you can find a lingonberry jam or comport... I discovered it at Ikea here, what a wonderful surprise!! You wouldn't think of putting a jam on meatballs, but trying is believing... it is delicious!! If lingonberry product can not be found, cranberry comport (not the jelly stuff that they call "sauce", though) works, too:)

I often times make it with cranberries. I love it like that. This time though I made it with grape jelly. Cheap and simple.

Grilled marinated pork steak, Paula Deen's corn casserole, cole slaw, and warm crusty bread ! No dessert - :( Nothing sweet in the house !

We'll probably have leftovers tonight. Dessert will be a delicious cranberry pecan bread that I made this morning. It's not overly sweet or dense. I'm very pleased with it. Like I said, it'll be dessert but only if it lasts that long. I have a feeling it might be gone by then. :LOL:

It's looking like I'm gong to be making spaghetti with a meat suce and was trying to get some buns made but may pass on those.
Have some fresh oatmeal raisin cookies and a gingerbread cake that we can snack on later with a cup of tea.

We're having Crock-pot Sweet and Sour Chicken, except I'm cooking it in the oven. :ermm:
I'll serve it with some kind of rice...probably instant. :eek:

I've never made this and have not looked up a recipe so if I'm doing it wrong don't anyone tell me - it's too late! :-p

I sauteed some leeks and portobello mushrooms, floured/seasoned cut up chuck roast and browned, put all back in the pressure cooker and covered with stout beer - then it will be mashed potatoes and a wedge of iceberg lettuce with bacon, chives, and homemade blue cheese dressing.

(But if anyone has some tips for this for future reference it sure would be appreciated. I expect the stout will turn fairly sweet. All in all it can't be bad, can it????) :cool: I figure I'll pressure cook it for 45 minutes and see how the beef is and cook more if necessary.

Everyone's meals sound sooooo good!!!! But they always do.

OK, this was an interesting dinner prep. I screwed up six ways from Sunday.

The brandied chicken was going just fine until I reached into the liquor cabinet for the brandy...yep you guessed it. NONE THERE! Swearing a blue streak I decided to toss some rum and port on the chicken to flame it. Ya ya ya, I can hear you all gagging. I'll let you know how it tastes later. I wasn't about to go out and get brandy with the piles of snow we've got right now. The news was awash with the huge pile ups we've had yesterday and today. Sigh. So, chicken went in the oven and I was about to finish the shrimp bisque that was to be our starter. *Forehead slap* I dumped ALL of the cream into the brandied chicken sauce instead of saving half of it for the bisque!!!! ARGH!!! I just have to laugh at myself. So, no bisque tonight. It will be just the chicken, some steamed yellow beans, pasta and a salad. And a BIG glass of wine!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom