Dinner 15th September

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we made pizza :yum:

We had ham, salami, capsicum, 2 different cheeses, onion, mushrooms and a tomato base

Sounds yummy. Do you make your own dough?
I made chicken pasta salad before I went to work. I'm not sure what happened with the dressing I made, it was on the salad when I went to work and just disappeared in that 5 hours I was gone lol. It was still yummy though I did have to make more dressing.

Thanks QR :)

Yes we make our own dough too, it was a recipe we got from Masterchef Season 1, it is lovely!

Do you work in the evenings QR?

Slim pickens- 106g Season brand lightly smoked Scottish brisling sardines and 86g of bread. I like oil packed brislings but they do not seem to like me.
Washed down with 12 oz. of iced black tea with lemon and honey.

Last edited:
Grilling some corn-on-the-cob and some pork chops for dinner tonight. Maybe a salad or some sliced tomatoes on the side too....

I have been trying to sleep off a headache. DH fended for himself and left me some rice pilaf, Italian sausages and salad. :)

My kids are over to spend the night. BBQ chicken on the grill..I hadda cheat a bit on the sauce on account of time. Took some Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory, added a splash of vinegar, a double splash of wine, and a generous couple or three tbsp Walkerswood jerk seasoning. Mrs Hoot made her famous oven baked tater chunks. Baby limas cooked with fatback. Banana pudding for dessert...(Shhhh...the kids don't know about that yet.) Me.... I am gonna have one of them Perdomo cigars I been saving and will check to make sure the latest batch of Wild Turkey bourbon is ok.

and will check to make sure the latest batch of Wild Turkey bourbon is ok.
Have one for me, Hoot! I'll be working, watching everybody else getting squibbley-eyed.:wacko:

I'll just be having a couple of fried hot Italian sausages on buns, with a few fried onions and peppers...maybe melt some cheese on there seeing the calorie count is already out the window.:pig:

Last edited:
Someday, maybe for my birthday?

Attachments

• goodsteak.jpg
    goodsteak.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 68
I'll have what Rock's having....:yum:

Pizza burgers and Slop, as I picked a few more green beans, and there are not enough for a mess.

Last edited:
Screwy day. Very late and very big breakfast followed by a very late lunch. As a result, the appetizers I had planned for our dinner - ABTs - were our dinner. I hope to have the last of the paklava for dessert later.

DH was gone all day to a car show, I stayed home and did housework ;-) he ate a late lunch so we are just having Chicken stew/soup and maybe a slice of the good looking bakery shop oatmeal bread that I have no idea why he brought home :/ Zucchini Fudge Brownies for dessert.

Bad restaurant experience. :mad:

We went to what used to be one of our favorite restaurants, which changed owners earlier this year. We went in at 5:00 to beat the rush and got seated right away. After the server brought our drinks, she then took our food order (turkey burgers and sweet potato fries) and promptly disappeared for 45 minutes, never once stopping back to ask if we were doing ok. It's not like she was overly busy. There were 3 tables in her section, including ours.

I finally flagged her down to order another drink and ask what the hold up was on our food, to which she replied it would "be right out". 25 minutes later, still no food. I finally caught the manager, who apologized profusely and said he would personally check on our meal. 10 more minutes came and went. Finally, the manager shows up with 2 beef burgers, rather than the turkey burgers that we ordered. :glare:

That was the final straw. An hour and twenty minutes of our time wasted. We left and drove to another restaurant down the street, and even though they were busy, we were seated right away and had our meals within 20 minutes. I tipped the server generously.

Oh, and I had beef stroganoff. :)

Bad restaurant experience. :mad:

We went to what used to be one of our favorite restaurants, which changed owners earlier this year. We went in at 5:00 to beat the rush and got seated right away. After the server brought our drinks, she then took our food order (turkey burgers and sweet potato fries) and promptly disappeared for 45 minutes, never once stopping back to ask if we were doing ok. It's not like she was overly busy. There were 3 tables in her section, including ours.

I finally flagged her down to order another drink and ask what the hold up was on our food, to which she replied it would "be right out". 25 minutes later, still no food. I finally caught the manager, who apologized profusely and said he would personally check on our meal. 10 more minutes came and went. Finally, the manager shows up with 2 beef burgers, rather than the turkey burgers that we ordered. :glare:

That was the final straw. An hour and twenty minutes of our time wasted. We left and drove to another restaurant down the street, and even though they were busy, we were seated right away and had our meals within 20 minutes. I tipped the server generously.

Oh, and I had beef stroganoff. :)

That really stinks.

I'd take the stroganov over a turkey burger any day

Back
Top Bottom