Dinner 2-24-2016 ~ What's it gonna be Wednesday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
It's a gloomy, rainy day, so I'm making happy food - pasta. :yum: I plan on tossing together: prosciutto ribbons, arugula, ricotta, shallot, all mixed with linguine. Topping it with chopped walnuts; can't decide between Romano or Parma cheese as the "snow". Probably a salad on the side.

Your plans?

Cooked up some burger and seasonings, have lettuce, will travel, so it looks like taco salads!

Well, I was thinking Chinese stir-fry, since DH was supposed to go to the store today, but since it's pouring down rain and threatening a tornado, that's deferred. So, Plan B: I'm going to make chicken schnitzel with spätzle and braised green beans. I'm also going to make a chicken gravy for the noodles with pan drippings, caramelized onions and homemade beer mustard. Getting the onions started now.

I'm thinking about making cheese enchiladas and heating up a can of refried black beans as a side. Sure does sound good. But....the big beautiful artichokes sitting in the fridge are calling my name, so it might end up being one of those with a big bowl of watermelon on the side. Decisions, decisions.... :ermm::)

I'm defrosting a meal of minestrone soup and a ball of pizza dough. I'm going to make baguette-type bread from the dough.

Dinner is an elite repeat from yesterday- sloppy joe's on party size buns, fools me into thinking I have a lot on my plate and they're only half the size. Also will slice some more cabbage for cole slaw. Good thing I like cole slaw as I have about a half cabbage.

We survived the tornado warning. It got a bit dicey there for a while but no damage done. In light of the fact that the next wave of tornado activity will be here around suppertime and choir rehearsal, the church cancelled choir. Hence, I get to stay home tonight. I put a ham in the oven and a pan of scalloped cabbage. It's smelling really good!

I had to use up an egg white (dislike freezing them) so I made a variation on my chinese style chicken recipe. I used turkey.

It involves mixing eggwhite with cornflour (I used potato flour), crushed garlic and soy. Marinade the chunked poultry for at least 20 mins and then fry in this 'batter' mix. Very tasty. The batter seals in the flavour and the garlic and soy give it extra taste.

Had it with toasted sour dough bread, lambs lettuce and ketchup!

I'm defrosting a meal of minestrone soup and a ball of pizza dough. I'm going to make baguette-type bread from the dough.

The "baguettes" I made from the pizza dough turned out OK considering I didn't pay a lot of attention to detail. Here's one of the two I made. ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1456362203.758585.jpg

Kinda cute, Andy. The baguette, that is - can't make a judgement call on you since you didn't post your photo. ;)

jabbur, glad to hear you made it through round one. Hope you, and everyone, dealing with stormy weather comes out on the clear side just fine.

Dinner was "ermahgerd" good, to quote a favorite phrase of our younger niece. A bit on the salty side, though, so I probably could have gone with only half of the prosciutto, or next time I might use pancetta. So easy, though, and really cheap, too, so I can see making some variation of this frequently. :yum: The sauce was basically pasta water and ricotta - very creamy, easy-peasy, and better for the waistline than an Alfredo sauce.

Attachments

• 2016-02-24 19.17.34.jpg
    2016-02-24 19.17.34.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 104
Nice looking baguette, Andy. CG, your pasta dinner looks so good!
I decided to go with the cheese enchilada dinner and will have the artichoke tomorrow. I only had a little Cojita cheese left and rather than save a tiny bit, I just dumped it on everything. :) Pretty yummy (although a little blurry), and there's enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 124
Well, I was thinking Chinese stir-fry, since DH was supposed to go to the store today, but since it's pouring down rain and threatening a tornado, that's deferred. So, Plan B: I'm going to make chicken schnitzel with spätzle and braised green beans. I'm also going to make a chicken gravy for the noodles with pan drippings, caramelized onions and homemade beer mustard. Getting the onions started now.

This turned out *really* good, although I forgot to put the mustard in the gravy. I did put a tbsp or so of Penzey's Fox Point seasoning in the flour for the chicken breading. I think that made a big difference. Mmmm.

Attachments

• 1456367095879.jpg
    1456367095879.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 108
Salad

img_1456793_0_eaf3a9aa4630bffd829afd8090903db1.jpg

Our "Rusty Pelican" salad, greenleaf lettuce, steamed shrimp, chopped boiled egg, chopped tomato and homemade knock-off recipe from the restaurant honey mustard dressing, with some bread.

Not consciously, but we weren't having bread for a long time with our meals then we both started having bread cravings, so we seem to have swung the opposite way in the bread with meals spectrum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom