Dinner 2017 ~ May the Fourth (be with your dinner)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
A long time ago, in a kitchen very, very close

It was a period of easy cooking.
Rebel ingredients from hidden spaces came together
to win the war in cooking.

OK, enough of that. :LOL: I'm making a quick, one pan meal of Italian sausage, lots of colors of bell peppers (green, yellow, orange, red), red and Vidalia onions, a redskin potato, and probably the mushrooms (to use them up). This, along with the leftovers I've stockpiled during the week, should eliminate cooking a fresh meal for days. :w00t:

What academy award dinner is starring in your kitchen?

I'll slice it with a knife..THAT'S Not a knife, THIS is a knife.
Potatoes or grilled cheese...FRANKLY my dear, I don't give a damn.
Homefries or mac and cheese....THERE's no place like home, there's no place like home.

:LOL:

I just fired up the Weber and fixin' to grill a rib eye. Loaded up salad on the side, and maybe some sautéed mushrooms and onions. Hot outside, but that steak is calling my name. :yum:

I'm in a rut...

Fix a meal and have leftovers the next night.. Tonight its last nights cashew chicken.. Neighbor brought us a hunk of cranberry bundt cake so, that's a plus..

Ross

Mustard and bread crumb crusted salmon steaks on the grill (one of Mrs. T's faves, which I've never seen in a restaurant), risotto milanese in the zoji, nuked green beans.

Poor DH is still in some discomfort and really can't eat much and I've eaten all of the leftovers that I had, dang it!
So it's over cooked pasta for the Mister and I'm not sure yet for myself.
It was my bi-monthly "Girlies Day Out" with Mrs. Dear Friend today and had a HUGE salad for lunch, along with a lovely piece of Lemon Coconut Torte that we shared ;) We finished up with a round of Retail Therapy to close out the afternoon :LOL:

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

We had grilled burgers tonight. GD prefers to have fried onions on her burger instead of sliced raw. No it's her job to slice and sauté an onion when we have burgers.

Another new recipe this week. We decided we're not doing this again, but at least we agreed that this 1 was pretty good. Chicken, bacon, fennel, onion ragu. Reminded me a little bit of chicken a la King.

LG7WLgu9BodVrgIQzZOOeukcLVtoRt1XEcS9vAApJPgpX92IB

... I'm making a quick, one pan meal of Italian sausage, lots of colors of bell peppers (green, yellow, orange, red), red and Vidalia onions, a redskin potato, and probably the mushrooms (to use them up)...
Nope, I didn't make that. Came home hungry and wanted to eat NOW! I had half of the leftover Spring Minestrone soup (with a LOT of grated Parma), so I'm good for now. Himself was cutting grass; now he's busy re-hydrating. When he's finally interested in eating, I'll make grilled Ruebens for both of us.

Tomorrow will be Take Two...

:LOL:

I just fired up the Weber and fixin' to grill a rib eye. Loaded up salad on the side, and maybe some sautéed mushrooms and onions. Hot outside, but that steak is calling my name. :yum:

Ugh...overdone rib eye, at least to my taste, but still good. No way could I finish that hunk of beef, so leftovers tomorrow.....maybe room temp and thinly sliced with a couple of fried eggs for breakfast.

img_1509777_0_375d577fc706473b7998d3fc6ff48385.jpg

Love the title to this thread today! I'm having a peanut butter sandwich tonight.

Attachments

• fourth.jpg
    fourth.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
The choices were salmon, leftover roast beef (open-face hot sandwiches with mashed potatoes) or leftover meatloaf. My Dad asked if I could make the meatloaf into beef Stroganoff. No problem. Didn't have any egg noodles, had to make those and served it with a side of peas and tossed salad for Dad, Greek yogurt and fruit for Mom.

I put together a seasoning mix with Middle Eastern flavors - lemon juice and zest, cumin, thyme, sumac and a bit of cinnamon, olive oil and S&P - brushed it under and over the skin of chicken thighs and roasted them for about 45 minutes. I served it with leftover green beans simmered with diced tomatoes and couscous with roasted bell peppers and onions. And rolls made with no-knead bread dough, dragged through the drippings and fond on the roasting pan :yum: And tzatziki!0504172028a_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom