Dinner 23rd October, Tuesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are making a homemade pizza :chef:

We cant have cheese on it though as Steve cant eat any saturated fat so soon after having his gall bladder removed, so we are having low fat salami, basil pesto, onion, capsium, pineapple, mushrooms and mint leaves :)

Just taken out a pkt of homemade boerewors. Thanks Kylie, you reminded me when you posted on my recipe thread!

It will be whole wheat toast, poached eggs, grilled tomatoes and homemade boerewors for dinner tonight. Homemade hotsauce and preserves to go with it.

Change of plans. I put the boerewors in the fridge for tomorrow. All my eggs have gone off and I noticed we only have 20 units of electricity left. Too broke to buy more than another 50 units so I best use very little electricity.
I'll be making toasted tuna mayo with mozza and sweetcorn instead. Sinful but good lol!

Grilled Honey Mustard (boneless skinless) chicken breasts.
Orzo salad (w/ pencil asparagus, halved cherry tomatoes, red onion, lemon juice, parsley, & grated Parmesan cheese).

My chicken is finally thawed. :rolleyes:

I have a bunch of things to use up in the fridge, so I'm thinking I'll make a curry of chicken, napa cabbage, and tomatoes. A co-worker from Nepal gave me a recipe last year for tomato & cabbage curry. It sure seems like it wouldn't be much of a stretch to slip a little chicken into the mix.

Grilled Honey Mustard (boneless skinless) chicken breasts.
Orzo salad (w/ pencil asparagus, halved cherry tomatoes, red onion, lemon juice, parsley, & grated Parmesan cheese).

That sounds amazing Cerise :yum:

Have some ground beef to use up so I'm thinking hamburgers. Have some beefy rice left over that will go good with it. Will top the burgers with our salads (tomatoes and lettuce) :)

Change of plans. I put the boerewors in the fridge for tomorrow. All my eggs have gone off and I noticed we only have 20 units of electricity left. Too broke to buy more than another 50 units so I best use very little electricity.
I'll be making toasted tuna mayo with mozza and sweetcorn instead. Sinful but good lol!

Snip, what are boerewors?

American style goulash or American style chop suey. Call it what you will, I call it tasty since I haven't made this in awhile.

We had Italian Sausages with a wonderful salad mix I picked up at Costco - kale, shaved brussel sprouts, broccoli "slaw", radicchio, toasted pumpkin seeds and craisins! Yumm!

Tasty sounding pizza, Kylie. Even sans cheese.

Big lunch, so if I'm feeling hungry later I will heat up some stew and serve over rice.

Tasty sounding pizza, Kylie. Even sans cheese.

Big lunch, so if I'm feeling hungry later I will heat up some stew and serve over rice.

Thankyou Pac...it really was lovely, tasted better than we thought without the cheese :)

I found a bag of coleslaw cabbage in the fridge that was still good so I made up a batch of coleslaw to go with the burgers. Felt I needed more veggies than just tomatoes and lettuce on top of my burger.

Got chicken veggie dumplings going. We'll have a salad of some sort and then scrounge for dessert. I'm whacked. Day 5 of 7!

Thai Chicken and Cauliflower Curry. :pig:

img_1198501_0_a4f0a9df2079d6924f5050d9bd1feab0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom