Dinner 25th October, Thursday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not exactly sure. Its just been me at the house eating this week since DH has been on a business trip. So I haven't really wanted to cook just for me. So guess ill be throwing something together maybe roast beef on top of mash potatoes or something to that extent. Need to use up the rest of the potatoes seeing theyll be on sale at Aldi this week for $1.99 for 10 lb bag of Russet potatoes.

I was planning on grilling some mojo marinated chicken, but Sandy is dumping a lot of rain on us.

I was thinking chicken wings but we haven't had chicken nuggets for a while so I think I'll do them with french fries and salads.

Looking in the fridge this morning, I noticed the leftovers are taking up more space than the fresh foods. So that's what we will have for dinner.

I also have 15 lbs of fresh cranberries that I need to do something with. I'm thinking it will make a nice batch of wine... maybe to be served with next year's Thanksgiving dinner.

I have some pencil asparagus I need to use up before it goes, so I'm defrosting chicken breasts to slather w/ dijon & roll up w/ asparagus & Swiss cheese. Orzo salad on the side.

"American style goulash or American style chop suey. Call it what you will, I call it tasty".

That was Tuesday. Ask me again today. It's still ok. This is one of those casseroles that no matter how hard you try, it makes Family Size only. I think the pasta (elbows) do not freeze well as a leftover. And the noodles suck up all the sauce and get too soft. Well, not to be too critical, I do like my own cooking for the most part. And one can vary the vegetble/ salad with each meal.

And funny, I never seem to indicate there is too much or too big a carton of ice cream on hand. :rolleyes:

I find the same thing with ACS. People just gobble it up day after day.

When we are in Aruba, our daughter and SIL arrive a week after we do and we always have a big pot of ACS ready for when they arrive. That pot gets regular attention regularly until it's gone.

It does make huge amounts. It's one dish I can never seem to downsize, but that's just fine with me.

I have frozen it just fine, but it does dry out some. Fine for leftovers.

DH just showed up at home EARLY and is leaving again shortly for a political meeting. I reheated some chicken and rice for him. I may see what the kid wants for supper and save the nuggets for another time. I may do grilled sandwiches. I have turkey and roast beef and sourdough bread.

Steve Kroll said:
Looking in the fridge this morning, I noticed the leftovers are taking up more space than the fresh foods. So that's what we will have for dinner.

I also have 15 lbs of fresh cranberries that I need to do something with. I'm thinking it will make a nice batch of wine... maybe to be served with next year's Thanksgiving dinner.

LOVE cranberry wine!

We too have an abundance of leftovers, unfortunately, we're a bit tired of them. Maybe Slop, DH overbought on frozen green beans.

Last edited:
I decided on chuck eye steaks, marinated in garlic-teryaki marinade, along with cauliflower, broccoli, carrot mix vegetables. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom