Dinner 26/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i had a business meeting today in the city at noon, so after pulling a midnight to 8am shift, then going home, sleeping for 2 hours and flying back into the city, i was starved late in the afternoon, so i had lupper (like brunch is breakfast/lunch). i stopped off at rutt's hut in clifton nj http://www.hollyeats.com/RuttHut.htm, and got 3 rippers (hot dogs deep fried until the skin rips), with spicy brown mustard, their homemade relish, and i topped them with chilli. i brought fish and chips home for dw, and we shared the chips and a cucumber salad. man, it was good, but it sat in my stomach like a rock.
dw made shrimp fra diavolo over whole wheat pasta for our usual 10pm dinner, but i passed on it. now i'm hungry again, at almost 1am, so i think i'll go out for something. i'm craving buffalo wings, but i had enough crap for today. maybe a lamb or ostrich boiguh.

Piccolina said:
Yum, it's hard to go wrong with apples :) Have you ever made "Chicken Normandy" for Cris? If he likes apples and pork he may really like that dish, it's soooo good during the cold months (BTW, you can leave out the booze and it still tastes just as good).

Did you mean chicken, instead of pork there?:LOL: This recipe sounds really good something we would definetely like to try... though I would use just s&p instead of that "essence" (too much emeril!!)... Actually we were also thinking about some experiment with a combination of pork and apples, Cris does like pork a lot, and it goes so well with fruity flavour...(we have used pineapples, mangoes, peaches and apricots, they are always delicious with pork!!) Apples are soooo versatile and great with so many things, sweet or savoury, not to mention just snacking on as they are... Having too many apples in the household is one problem I don't mind having so much!!:rolleyes:

urmaniac13 said:
Did you mean chicken, instead of pork there?:LOL: This recipe sounds really good something we would definetely like to try... though I would use just s&p instead of that "essence" (too much emeril!!)... Actually we were also thinking about some experiment with a combination of pork and apples, Cris does like pork a lot, and it goes so well with fruity flavour...(we have used pineapples, mangoes, peaches and apricots, they are always delicious with pork!!) Apples are soooo versatile and great with so many things, sweet or savoury, not to mention just snacking on as they are... Having too many apples in the household is one problem I don't mind having so much!!:rolleyes:
LOL, sorry I should have said "bacon" not pork as the recipe usually calls for bacon (my bad!:LOL:). I've actually seen this recipe done with cubes of pork too, but haven't tried it yet - hope to one day.

BigDog said:
Schwan's typically doesn't have a lot to write home about though

Big Dog, is Schwan's the outfit that delivers food to your house in what looks like an ice cream truck?

I see those trucks around my neighborhood occasionally, but have never tried their stuff. At first I thought all they sold was ice cream.

Back
Top Bottom