Dinner 26/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piccolina

Executive Chef
What's on your menu today? Personally I haven't yet decided...Might make a veggie soup for me and some gnocchi for DH - it's still entirely up in the air :)

Last edited:
Yesterday I went to the market and bought a whole bunch of apples. Incidentally, Cris also decided in the middle of his round that he wanted a bunch of apples and brought home a bucket full. So for coming days we will be eating apples with vengeance...:LOL:

Yesterday I made Connie's wonderful fresh apple cake, today I will make some chicken waldorf salad (-celery... one of very few items Cris dislikes) along with pasta with pesto.

Thursday is always "leftover" day. I like to finish up anything we didn't polish off so that the fridge is clean for the weekend. This week we have Taco Hamburger Helper, Baked Chicken Legs w/ roasted veggies, Breakfast Wraps, Chicken Cordon Blu w/ cheese rice, Philly Steaks. It is first come first serve!

Probably left over pizza here.
Will be making some apple galettes today, if the kids will co-operate. Dh can't get enough of them and I haven't made them since before I got pregnant. Once I was pregnant, that morning sickness kicked in so poor dh has been without. He even came home with all the ingredients 2 nights ago! What? Husband at the grocery store?! He must be desperate! :) ha ha ha

Nothing fancy here just good ole' comfort food here......Salmon Patties, Coleslaw and Baked Fries. We only have this a few times a year but it always takes me back to when I was a kid.

Something easy.
We're having people over tomorrow night and I'll be making a feast.

Spinach and orange salad in home made cheese bowls.
Rice with berries
freshly steamed veggie or roasted veggies
and shrimp with a butter and wine sauce
and a lemon pie for dessert.

I really won't have time to cook tonight since I've
decided to put off deep cleaning the house until Paul is home and
able to help. He wanted to have these people over ... he can help prepare. lol.. ick I sound mean today. Better go grap some coffee.

........am with the ones cleaning the frig.............
.............it's way too full and there is no room for anything............
.........it looks like a pig lives here and knowing the DH like I do, he'll come home and appreciate that it's now clean............so, movie in machine, giant pot of tea and I'm gonna get crackin........anything I have enough of will be dinner.........thinking about it, I got pizza nights ago, had three slices, and DH never touched a piece..........it's been it a zipper bag so tonight for him, it's not Tuscany Pizza, but it's Red Brick and that'll have to do.........

Looks like today is apple day. I just got out my new juicer and put in there, 3 green/3 red apples, 2 kiwi's and one banana. Pretty darn good stuff. I should feel wonderful today having gotten my fruit requirements in for the day.
Anyone ever had Placerville California's Apple Hill Cake recipe? It is so easy and also so good. No longer have enough apples today though, maybe in a few days I'll buy more.

Last edited:
corazon90 said:
Will be making some apple galettes today, if the kids will co-operate.

Do you have a recipe for these Cora? They sound interesting, I bet Licia would like the recipe too! She has some apples to use up. LOL.

Our dinner is something chicken. I am going to go cruise and see if anything meets my specs (what is in my house so I don't have to shop) and if not it will likely be chicken cacciatore.

Alix said:
Do you have a recipe for these Cora? They sound interesting, I bet Licia would like the recipe too! She has some apples to use up. LOL.

I'll post them after I make them today, just in case I have some added notes that I've forgotten about. They are really good! I'm a chocolate lover so it's rare that I find something without chocolate that I really enjoy. I need to get my rear in gear though, but it's just so cold in my house, it's hard to get away from the heater and dc.:LOL:

urmaniac13 said:
Yesterday I went to the market and bought a whole bunch of apples. Incidentally, Cris also decided in the middle of his round that he wanted a bunch of apples and brought home a bucket full. So for coming days we will be eating apples with vengeance...:LOL:

Yesterday I made Connie's wonderful fresh apple cake, today I will make some chicken waldorf salad (-celery... one of very few items Cris dislikes) along with pasta with pesto.
Yum, it's hard to go wrong with apples :) Have you ever made "Chicken Normandy" for Cris? If he likes apples and pork he may really like that dish, it's soooo good during the cold months (BTW, you can leave out the booze and it still tastes just as good).

I'm right in the middle of making ricotta gnocchi for dinner..I'm going to make a sauce with different mushrooms and prosciutto to go over them. A salad of just tender lettuce,with some pear slices and pine nuts with just evoo and lemon and a pinch of sugar...Some baby artichokes cooked in chicken stock, then drained and sauteed with garlic,evoo,parsley and a little butter,salt and pepper...Dessert, I'm not sure I'm planning to make a pie crust from some spelt flour, and then put in a fruit type filling and top with whipped cream or a crumbled top..

kadesma:)

Ya did it again Kadesma!
I'm hungry.. and I'm about to go grocery shopping. That's a bad combo
in my life. lol.

pdswife said:
Ya did it again Kadesma!
I'm hungry.. and I'm about to go grocery shopping. That's a bad combo
in my life. lol.
Sorry Pds:LOL:
I know that feeling and that's when the grocery store makes out like a bandit..I about break the bank, picking up this and that...

kadesma:-p

mudbug said:
The kid is whining for Chinese takeout again and I am feeling so lazy................

Get it delivered!:)

I bought a pork roast that was prestuffed with cranberries and nuts, and making mashed potatoes, peas, and corn.

i got a delmonico steak on my way in from school. i was thinking i'd season & sear that & toss it in the oven for like 4 or 5 minutes, & i have to decide on a side dish. i was thinking of going to one of the bakeries and getting crusty bread to put it on.

Frozen breaded chicken breast from Schwan's, Near East rice pilaf, and corn. The chicken was a trial run. Not bad, but nothing to write home about either. Schwan's typically doesn't have a lot to write home about though . . . . . :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom