Dinner 3-15-2019 ~ The Ides of...Munch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We’ll have the hamburgers that didn’t happen last night. I’ve got the dough for the buns proofing right now. Nasty wet dough, I hope it means they’ll be really soft!

Well, it was a sandwich type of day :chef: an easy-peasy-breezy-no-cook day

hoagies.jpg

Hoagies for lunch

provolone and pancetta stuffed chicken breast sandwich.jpg

Leftover Provolone & Pancetta stuffed Chicken Breast sandwiches for supper,
both made with Amoroso's Rolls that we get a this great Philly Cheesesteak joint in Tucson. I always bring back a dozen frozen for these occasions :yum:
NOW!
If someone would just bring in Soft Pretzels, DH would be in piggy heaven :pig:

HEH!!!
I just did a WWW search for Philly's Pretzels ... there's one in VEGAS BABY!!!

Those look delish, kgirl! I LOVE sandwiches.

I went to lunch today at my fave tiny little mom and pop Mexican restaurant today and couldn't finish it all, so brought home the leftovers. Just now finished it off. :yum:

I love stewed American tomatoes. So I had two steamed hot dogs with the natural casing, (so, so) and a couple of very large stewed tomatoes with a dab of butter and about five grains of sea salt.

In this town, if they are not Roma tomatoes, then they are not worth eating. Or so I have been told. They are fine if you are making an Italian dish, but I wanted to just taste the tomato. My real favorite though is a freshly picked tomato right out of the garden, rinsed under the hose and eat!!!

I couldn’t resist posting this pic of my burger buns that I made for our burger nightI’m so proud of them, they came out perfectly! Onion and garlic flakes on the top; so fragrant! And the buns are very soft.

BBD9122F-A0CB-4146-AB9C-E163636B8506.jpg

...snipped ...
NOW!

HEH!!!

WELL! After further research, THAT location is CLOSED, DANG IT!!
BUT, I found that there's a new one 'coming soon' to 'The Valley Of The Sun' aka the Phoenix area, YAY!!!

I couldn’t resist posting this pic of my burger buns that I made for our burger nightI’m so proud of them, they came out perfectly! Onion and garlic flakes on the top; so fragrant! And the buns are very soft.

View attachment 34019

They look great! Have you posted the recipe or link? :angel:

They look great! Have you posted the recipe or link? :angel:
I haven’t posted it! Here it is:

Soft burger buns

I did add a small amount of grated ginger and a squeeze of lemon, for their preservative properties. And I subbed in buttermilk for half the milk. Don’t know yet how that turned out, because I haven’t tasted ‘em yet. But, oh, are they soft!

Being self employed, and working from my home, I spend a lot of time alone, so I try to go out somewhere on Friday evenings. I like to go to a place with good food, and a friendly bunch of people in the bar. I sit at the bar, order some food and drinks, and almost always strike up a conversation with the people around me. Tonight, I met a potential customer.

I eat at the bar when I travel, too, for the same reason. I meet a lot of other travelers and we often strike up a conversation. I met two travelers from Western Kentucky tonight who were in town for a basketball tournament, as well as the potential customer.

So, on to the food. I wasn't very hungry, having had left leftover meat Pi for lunch, so I ordered an appetizer. I ordered fried mozzarella "bites." Basically cubes of Mozzarella breaded with Panko, and fried. I generally don't find fried Mozzarella to be more than mediocre bar food. However, these were very good. They had a symbol next to them on the menu indicating they were a house specialty. Fired mozzarella a specialty??? Okay, I'll try them. I'm glad I did.

It was an appetizer meant for more than one person, so I brought half of them home. I'll probably warm them up in the oven for a late-night snack later.

CD

Well, it was a sandwich type of day :chef: an easy-peasy-breezy-no-cook day

View attachment 34016

Hoagies for lunch

View attachment 34017

Leftover Provolone & Pancetta stuffed Chicken Breast sandwiches for supper,
both made with Amoroso's Rolls that we get a this great Philly Cheesesteak joint in Tucson. I always bring back a dozen frozen for these occasions :yum:
NOW!

HEH!!!

Amoroso's rolls, eh? Al you need is some Wise potato chips and some Butterscotch Krimpets. Does DH call Pork Roll... um, Pork Roll, or does he Buckytom it with taylor's ham.

CD

I haven’t posted it! Here it is:

Soft burger buns

I did add a small amount of grated ginger and a squeeze of lemon, for their preservative properties. And I subbed in buttermilk for half the milk. Don’t know yet how that turned out, because I haven’t tasted ‘em yet. But, oh, are they soft!
Those look really good, Joel. Take a look at this recipe, though - delicious, soft, yeasty burger buns in less than an hour.

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/40-minute-hamburger-buns-183081

Curious about your source for the idea that adding ginger and lemon juice will preserve the buns. How did know how much to add? How much longer do you think they'll last?

DH wanted to go out to dinner tonight, so we went to a Japanese restaurant. I had a cucumber salad with a wasabi vinaigrette - had a bit of a bite to it! - and shrimp & veggie tempura (forgot to take a picture before I started eating [emoji38]) . DH had a mini tuna platter with tuna sashimi and a roll that came with a choice of soup and a house salad with ginger dressing. Good stuff [emoji39]
0315192009.jpg0315192006.jpg0315192017.jpg0315192018.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom