Dinner ~ 3/25/2022 ~ What'cha Makin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I've been so busy, that I bought this frozen Pot Pie at a local Farm.
Missus Next-Door-Neighbor highly recommended this, so there ya go.

IMG_1442_LI.jpg

It's going to take TWO HOURS in the hot box :ohmy:

What'cha makin'?

Our grandson is here for the weekend. We got a rot chik from Costco. I’m making pilaf and some veggie to complete the meal.

GS and I made his favorite thing to eat, a chocolate cake. We will frost it for a delicious dessert.

Beef stew - bottom round roast cubed, beefy onion soup mix, wine, tri-colored potatoes, mushroom caps, and carrots.

beef_stew_032522_img_9388-jpg.48915

Decided today is a treat day. Which translated means forgot to take anything from the freezer for dinner. Ordered delivery from new grocery store deli just a few blocks away.

I ordered a turkey dinner especial -- turkey, dressing, mashies,gravy, scoop of mixed veggies (zukes, onions, peppers) excellent very tart cranberries and a texas toast size slice of deli sour dough bread. Enough for at least 2+ meals,

SO ordered baked fried chicken thighs, same mashies and gravy and cole slaw. A much more sensible serving size. Even so, she too had leftovers.

I figure we can pool leftovers for Saturday lunch and maybe even sneak in a sandwich to share.

SO made choc chip cookies today too. Yummers.

I've been thinking about Sous Vide a lot these days ;), so I'm putting it to work today. DH wants fish and "those little potatoes". Fish will be halibut cooked in the conventional oven with onion, garlic, savory, basil, butter and cream. I've got the Sous Vide working on "those little potatoes" with some olive oil, butter, rosemary and thyme along side another bag of sliced carrots, olive oil, butter and a tad more thyme...'cuz we all can use a bit more of thyme, no?

Anyway, hoping it will all be soft enough for DH to enjoy. Here's a before...maybe I'll remember to take an "after" picture too!
IMG_6306 (2).jpg

I've been so busy, that I bought this frozen Pot Pie at a local Farm.
Missus Next-Door-Neighbor highly recommended this, so there ya go.

View attachment 51250

It's going to take TWO HOURS in the hot box :ohmy:

What'cha makin'?

IMG_1444.jpg

Meh ... :shrug:
It was okay.
DH said that he likes my Pot Pie Better... AHHHHHH!
So we half the Pot Pie leftover, "... should I take the rest next door? then?"
DH: OH NO! It'll get eaten
:LOL:

I made a type of chili tonight, with some chorizo, brown lentils, and oat groats. I also put some leftover diced butternut squash in it, to use it up. I seasoned it with onion, a little of the coriander/cumin mix I frequently use in Indian cooking, and 4 different ground chiles. The liquid I made with some soaked and blended tomatoes - didn't want to open a can, for this amount. The chorizo had enough garlic to season the dish. I thickened it with a little masa harina, like I always do chili.
Lentil chili, made with oat groats and chorizo. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:
We had ground beef chili (new recipe), homemade cornbread (old tried 'n true recipe) and lemon fudge (new recipe).

Everything was great, especially the fudge. One of Glenn's things is anything "lemon" and this suited him well.

Here's a link if anyone is interested: Creamy Lemon Fudge Recipe

Instead of buttering the pan, I used nonstick aluminum foil, but I imagine regular foil sprayed with Pam would work just as well.

Back
Top Bottom