Dinner 4-22-2019 ~ Sure it's Earth Day, but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
...as a former Girl Scout Leader (and Mom to a current one), I want to acknowledge today as "Girl Scout Leader Appreciation Day".

We were nice to Mom Earth with a low-impact meal. Tonight's dinner needed very little electricity for reheated leftover smothered chicken, sauteed zucchini, and garlic-cheddar mashed potatoes. Looked like a mess on the plate, but what a tasty mess it was! :yum:

What did you have?

I spent much of the day setting up more of my drip irrigation system - saves water, so I guess that counts as my Earth Day item for the day. I took a break and came in and prepared a delicious Provençal style puy lentil dish, with mushrooms, and a little reggiano cheese added at the end. Super easy to make - I made it in the IP, making a basic mirepoix, with a little garlic added, along with a sprig of fresh rosemary, thyme, and 3 fresh bay leaves, plus some powdered porcini mushrooms, for some extra flavor. I used 2 c puy, plus a quarter cup of black quinoa, and some cremini mushrooms, cooked separately, and added towards the end. I set it on slow cook, and let it cook almost 2 hours, while I was in the garden, and the smell was incredible when I came back into the house! Flavor was great, too, though I resisted the temptation to eat more. I think I have about 4 bowls leftover, maybe more.
Provençal Puy Lentils by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Yup ! Must have been a Food recycling Day all around...

A full platter with Smoked Brats, Peppers & Onions, Baked Russet, Leftie Beans, Leftie California Blend....
I think I needed a bigger plate...

Brats & Onions.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom