Dinner, 5/25?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got some beef skirt steak out. I think I'll chop it up and do some kind of stirfry. I've have to use some of the veggies sitting in the fridge.

Please be on the lookout for a disappearing post! I just wrote out a what's for dinner and it's gone with the wind:(
I have all meats in the freezer but have no ambition to get cooking so I'm leaving it up to the likes of you fine folks to finagle my brains somehow. Good luck doing that.:ohmy: I have yellow/orange/red/green bell peps, frozen vegs too, no spuds except for boxed or canned and strawberry's in the backyard being devoured by snails/aphids/knats or(?). I may attempt an Asian chicken salad if I can find the ingredients needed for one, which I think probably include lettuce and/or cabbage, right?
Help, desparate woman here:ermm:

Last edited:
I bought a couple small pieces of tuna and swordfish. I have never tried either of these fish, so I posted in the seafood forum requesting recipes, so if any of you have a recipe to share with me, I would really appreciate it. Probably have rice and corn on the cob with it.

Whatever we have must be simple...We are seeing the Phantom of the Opera tonight and I don't want to do much before then.

Phantom! How fantastic! Enjoy yourself!

Well, dinner was SUPPOSED to be chicken and dumplings in the crock pot - because I had an apt to take my daughter to today right after school and another one right after dinner - DH was supposed to be home to watch baby - bonehead forgot and went out of town! :mad: Therefore, I had to take my daughter out of school early, drop her at her apt 30 minutes early just to sit in waiting room so I could get home to put baby for a very late nap (BAD teething right now, skipping nap was not an option today) - have the neighbor come over while I go pick her up - then leave again for our second apt. I'm so aggervated, we are going out to eat or eating frozen ravioli! Maybe I should have put this in the venting thread.

I had some things I needed to use up so we're having a chicken casserole. It's just a 3 lb. cut up frying chicken, browned then put in a casserole with several packs of frosen artichokes, mushrooms,salt,pepper, paprika,onion,garlic,rosemary chicken stock and sherry, then baked til cooked through and tender. To go with,mashed potatoes,asparagus, green salad and toffee bars for dessert.

kadesma

i dined gourmet tonite- a tuna filet, half a container of that macaroni & cheese you nuke, sour patch candy, & a few grown-up beverages.:LOL:

On Thursdays I tend to go through the fridge, freezer, garden, and pantry to see what needs to go before I do major shopping on Friday. I made a sort of tilapia filets picata with couscous when finding:

1/3 jar capers
1/2 lemon
1/2 snack-size box rasins
small hand full of pistachios
some green onions
a parsley plant that was bolting
a container of mushrooms that should have been used days ago
partial bottle of white wine
1/2 stick of butter

A box of couscous was reconstituted with chicken stock, then a little olive oil, capers, raisins, chopped pistachios, finely chopped parsley and sage were added

Sauteed the mushrooms, put aside, then sauteed the tilapia filets. removed and deglazed the pan with a bit of wine, the lemon, capers, chopped green onions.

Placed the filets on a bed of mixed greens, poured the mushrooms/picata sauce over them, and served with the couscous.

Tonight will be fish sticks since it's too late to go buy fresh fish... I just have a fish/seafood craving these days. My husband just informed me that we need to have macaroni and cheese with it (which seems a weird mix to me) and tartar sauce. I'm going to be washing that down with some beer.

I think I'll make tarte tatin for dessert. I haven't had french food in a while, need to go back to my roots...

I bought a lovely filet of wild-caught salmon & baked it with butter & fresh dill, then served it with asparagus - everything drizzled with some Hollaindaise sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom