Dinner? 5/7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
What are you planning for you dinner? Pork piccata, mashed garlic potatoes, roasted asparaagus, Spinach salad with strawberries, and toasted walnuts, warm Italian bread and butter and peach jam if you need a sweet fix:LOL:
kadesma

Big family dinner tonight. SO's sister and granddaughter from Florida, her other sister and her DH and son and the two of us.

We're starting with a Derby party with drinks and appetizers followed by a demand performance of Caesar salad, Sunday Ragu with meatballs and sausages and garlic bread. Dessert is carrot cake and paklava.

Just a salad, leftover chops and beans, leftover Boudin sourgough, and leftover Duca di Cardino chianti

Catch me tomorrow for a great Sunday Brunch and a fantastic Sunday dinner.

Big family dinner tonight. SO's sister and granddaughter from Florida, her other sister and her DH and son and the two of us.

We're starting with a Derby party with drinks and appetizers followed by a demand performance of Caesar salad, Sunday Ragu with meatballs and sausages and garlic bread. Dessert is carrot cake and paklava.

I think I am related somehow to one of Andy's SO's sisters or something so I will be joining the family party. Since dessert is covered, I have decided to bring a nice Asparagus Souffle from my "Asparagus" cookbook! :angel:

Dad is barely eating (I made him a chocolate shake with some protein powder in for his lunch and so far it is going down okay) and DH is going to work (I've packed cooked chicken thighs to heated as well as fruit and some raw veggies). So, for supper I am thinking of some kind of soup Dad will eat and is nourishing. For me, probably another salad with the left over steak from last nights meal salads for DH and me.

No asparagus, Andy? ;)

I found myself by a Wegman's earlier today, so stopped in to pick up a pound of wild caught gulf shrimp :) And there was this nicely marbled ribeye a little ways down from the seafood calling to me, so it found its way into my basket also, right beside the shrimp and the sugar snap peas :):) And I was on such a roll, that I hit the local hardware store and picked up a Smokey Joe to grill that steak over charcoal properly, rather than breaking down my WSM or using the gasser. Salad will cucumber and Vidalia onion with mayo and sour cream that I made last night. :):):)

Not sure today. Probably something quick and simple. Mrs 40 C is having an MRI this afternoon and we are out of pocket.

Take out hamburgers maybe.

A serving of Easter ham from the freezer, some kind of pasta. At the farm stand this morning I found a kohlrabi -- haven't seen one for a while -- will slice it & sprinkle on a little salt. Hope it's as good as I remember. Also got a quart of strawberries and had better start on them before they head south.

either a cheese burger on low cal bun. fat free cheese, reduced calorie mayo. maybe will have the lettuce, tomatoes, and onions as a salad instead of on the bun. was going to bake a chocolate cake for tomorrow. daughter is bringing chinese for mother's day. then this a.m i thought who am i kidding. i would not be able to resist some and then the leftovers. so no cake.

either a cheese burger on low cal bun. fat free cheese, reduced calorie mayo. maybe will have the lettuce, tomatoes, and onions as a salad instead of on the bun. was going to bake a chocolate cake for tomorrow. daughter is bringing chinese for mother's day. then this a.m i thought who am i kidding. i would not be able to resist some and then the leftovers. so no cake.
Gee that's to bad babe, I made that splenda cake Laurie posted for us and we all loved it. Of course the kids put ice cream and strawberries on it I just put some cool whip it was wonderful. Have a greaat Mother's day.
kades

Left over lasagna. I have some extra sauce I will pour on top and reheat in the oven. Had 2 hamburger buns left from last night so will doctor them up as poor man's garlic bread, and have some salad too.

This morning, I made up the chili from last night's taco meat mix, and put it in the fridge to let the flavors develop. I added chili powder, and my secret blend of allspice, ground cloves and brown sugar.

So...chili with Texas toast for dinner.

Ham BBQ Sandwich
Carrot Salad
I feel I need something else. I can't think of what. I guess I will just have Vanilla Ice Cream with heated Dulce de Leche drizzled over. Yep, that will round out the food groups. Works for me.:chef:

The inaugural firing of the Smokey Joe was a success. The steak was incredible. Pink side to side and nicely colored outside. The potatoes cooked nicely, also. And the stovetop fare wasn't bad either. I've got a few shrooms and onions left to mix in with some eggs tomorrow. And five shrimp leftover for something. I is stuffed. Wish I had some ice cream :angel:

I think I am related somehow to one of Andy's SO's sisters or something so I will be joining the family party. Since dessert is covered, I have decided to bring a nice Asparagus Souffle from my "Asparagus" cookbook! :angel:

No asparagus, Andy? ;)...

You're welcome to dinner anytime, Laurie. Oh, and there is no need to bring asparagus. We've got that covered.

Pacanis, we've decided to cut back on the asparagus. we've run out of air freshener for the bathroom.

We had roasted pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes with gravy, steamed fresh mixed veg, and Caprese salad.

Attachments

• image-1879266343.jpg
    image-1879266343.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 185
  • image-3644695078.jpg
    image-3644695078.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 179
Back
Top Bottom