Dinner 5th August 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight Steve is making chicken breast schnitzels and we are having them with baked potatoes with cheese and bacon :yum:

dw has a bridal shower to go to today, so i have to get up early to watch the boy.

not good for either of us. i'll only get about 2 hours sleep, and she will be in a room full of people who won't be speaking english for the most part, only macedonian..

i like my odds of having a good day better. :cool:

so i'll probably be grilling today. if the urge strikes, i'll even shake out the freezer and fire up the smoker.

how long do i need to brine small (under 1 lb.), whole trout for smoking? and i know there's turkey legs in there; maybe a corned beef.

cestiki!!!

Corfu, Greece: 60km. from Puglia, Italia

Saturday evening, the Vet and I celebrated his birthday at a lovely manor house, on a side alley lane, close to the Port ...

We shared uncountable Meze, small appetiser dishes of an array of local regional cuisine ...

Taramasolata
Grilled Octopus
Tzatziki
Feta: fresh sheep cheese, Kasseri which is a yellow Greek Cheese that is semi firm and is cylinder in shape & Kefalotiri, a Greek type Ricotta; Greek cheese platter ...
Greek yogurt
Dolmades filled with shrimp and pinenut & dill rice
Oregano, lemon, garlic roast lamb ( a tiny tasting because it is heavy at night)
aubergine

Just had some iced café and some fruit ... More than enough for me today ...

Have an enjoyable August.
Margaux.

Spaghetti Hootenesca.
Homemade sauce with tomatoes from the DIL's garden, a variety of herbs, both fresh and dried, plenty of garlic, pepperoni, and onions. Garlic bread...Avocado salad...
The FBS is in my future.

Low and slow oven ribs, cob on the corn. I had them all prepped to go to the cottage and do them on the smoker but the rain hit, and frankly, I don't want to pack, load and drive there just to sit inside. Going to stay in town and hit a few second hand stores.....Pics to follow, if I don't soak back too many wobbly pops........

Low and slow oven ribs, cob on the corn. I had them all prepped to go to the cottage and do them on the smoker but the rain hit, and frankly, I don't want to pack, load and drive there just to sit inside. Going to stay in town and hit a few second hand stores.....Pics to follow, if I don't soak back too many wobbly pops........
Rain's making it's way down the valley????!!! Oh, pleeeeease...I'll glady sit inside if only it would rain. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice. It looks as if it will be nice through Wednesday...and not as hot as last week.

"Hootenesca" :LOL:

I'm having spaghetti, too. I'm making my sauce from the leftovers throughout the week; a little taco burger, onions, peppers and mushrooms, and I'll also add some zucchini because someone gave me a huge zucchini yesterday that I don't want to go to waste.
Just put me down for something with zucchini for dinner until about Wed or Thurs ;)

so i'll probably be grilling today. if the urge strikes, i'll even shake out the freezer and fire up the smoker.

how long do i need to brine small (under 1 lb.), whole trout for smoking? and i know there's turkey legs in there; maybe a corned beef.

If you're doing it from frozen go with 2 hours. It will thaw in the brine.

Dinner here is still being discussed, but I think I'm doing a pork tenderloin, a salad that includes avocado, tomato, cucumber and green onion, and maybe some romaine lettuce. I think I'll do something with the mango I bought too. Can you grill mango? I have pineapple to use up too. Mango, pineapple and a bunch of berries for a fruit salad maybe?

DH is headed back to DC tonight so I'll cook a bigger lunch than usual. I'm making chicken pattie sandwiches (I put a spoon of salsa and a slice of cheese on them). Not sure what the sides will be yet. Maybe a rice dish. Then DS and I will eat leftovers for supper tonight.

Spaghetti Hootenesca.
Homemade sauce with tomatoes from the DIL's garden, a variety of herbs, both fresh and dried, plenty of garlic, pepperoni, and onions. Garlic bread...Avocado salad...
The FBS is in my future.

I'm still giggling over Casa De Hoot. lol

Pasta here, as well.

(My infamous ;) ) Tomato & Avocado Salad

Either cheese & spinach-filled Manicotti
or
Ravioli tossed with melted butter, bread crumbs & mozzarella, and baked.

Gosh--THAT was the rain that kept you home? We had about 5 minutes of a light rain around noon...sigh, not enough. :(

change of plans for us. dw asked us to go food shopping today, so my boy picked out a coupla nice red snappers for dinner. i think i'll make them on the grill in foil packets with lemon, garlic, and either pineapple sage or lemon thyme.

Tut, tut, it looks like rain. So it's crab cakes and asparagus for dinner tonight.

Adding to this. We have a small loaf of French bread and fresh mozzarella so I'll chop some tomatoes and basil etc and make some bruschetta.

I tried my replicated Asian Green Beans...quite tasty, not exactly like the ones at the restaurant and I think I got through at least a pound of them...Shrek got maybe a quarter pound, the last 3/4ths is going to work with me tomorrow.

surf & turf:28 day matured angus sirloin,prawn skewer with dolce verde,sweet shallot,sugar drop tom & baby avocado salad.cold beer.2 mins each side for the steak,medium rare,job done:yum:

Attachments

• SURF N TURF 001.JPG
    SURF N TURF 001.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 139
  • SURF N TURF 002.JPG
    SURF N TURF 002.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 138
  • SURF N TURF 003.JPG
    SURF N TURF 003.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 138
Back
Top Bottom