Dinner 6-2-2018 ~ National Rocky Road Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Won't be riding on any rocky roads today since we're staying home. It might be a rocky road to the Love Shack, though, since the B-52s will be playing up in Portsmouth, NH. I didn't want to title the dinner thread "Love Shack" supper! :ermm: :LOL:

We're having pastrami reubens and roasted potato wedges. Wanted to make potato salad, but kind busy today. Must. Do. Work.

What will you be lovin' at your place for supper?

No idea, I've been out in the yard all day and am too pooped to cook. Maybe just olives and cheese.

Mmmm...pastrami reubens...sounds good, CG. :yum:

I've been transplanting more house plants much of the day and now taking a break from cleaning up the patio, so I think it'll just be another plate of fruit, deviled eggs, olives, cheese, and a tuna sandwich on rye. I'm hungry. :yum:

Last edited:
Friends celebrated their 50th anniversary today with a nice outdoor get-together at a local winery and some good food. Brats with kraut, potato salad, and lots of cake.

I'm grazing again. I took some leftover fajita, so cheese, spiced up mayo, and a Bolillo and made a makeshift torta.

I need to clean up and prep for tomorrow, when I plan to cook up something really good.

CD

This afternoon I made a batch of cole slaw and sesame noodles. Tonight we had those with grilled kielbasa.

since the B-52s will be playing up in Portsmouth, NH.
They're playing in Hampton Beach tonight, not to be confused with Portsmouth. I occasionally ride through Hampton Beach on summertime weekends, looking at the leathers, beer bellies, and tattoos - and that's the women!

Tonight's dinner was pork tenderloin on the grill and risotto Milanese. I found some really thick asparagus, so that went on the grill as well (tossed with EVOO and garlic).

DH and I haven't had red meat for a month and I have a great need for a steak!!
We got back into town late on Thursday, with NO food in the house, so I finally ventured out to get some simple, basic supplies this afternoon (the jet lag, dontcha know) so steak it is tonight on the grill along with some fresh corn on the cob and a salad.
OH, that's the other thing that I haven't been able to do for a month, GRILL!!!
I missed my Weber Gas Grill!
IMG_3098.jpg
We'll remedy that right quick though ...

Fried catfish. Fried green tomatoes, Cornbread, FF potatoes, Slaw, and Dixie Beer in frosty mugs. ~~ Looking forward to Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate ice cream in just a jiffy. I enjoy Saturday "cheat" day!

Red beans and rice ala Paul Prudhomme.

Attachments

• 2018-06-02 21.25.14.jpg
    2018-06-02 21.25.14.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 126
They're playing in Hampton Beach tonight, not to be confused with Portsmouth...
Oops. I knew that...when I read it in the AM. By the time I posted the thread I had forgotten. I wouldn't normally confuse the two, either, since Portsmouth is a bit upscale and trendy, while Hampton Beach is decidedly not! :LOL:

Mmmm...pastrami reubens...sounds good, CG. :yum:...
Aw, and I had enough fixin's for a third sandwich. If you only lived closer...

Attachments

• 20180602_222025.jpg
    20180602_222025.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom