Dinner 6-27-2020 ~ Well it's Saturday night...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
It was a cook-free day at Chez Goddess. A local social/service club offers a take-out dinner every Friday or Saturday. Today was their BBQ chicken day: 1/2 chicken, basted with butter/vinegar and cooked over an open fire. :yum: Sides were baked beans and some very fine coleslaw. No leftovers. :yum:

What did you plate up today?

Fried oyster po'boys dressed with remoulade, lettuce and tomato.

Attachments

• 2020-06-27 17.54.39.jpg
    2020-06-27 17.54.39.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 131
Fried oyster po'boys dressed with remoulade, lettuce and tomato.

You're killing me. That's one of my favorite things.

Tonight for me, however, I'm making a homemade pizza. Almost my last one, as I can't find yeast anywhere anymore. But I like white pizzas, so I made my own homemade white sauce and the pizza ingredients will be onions (lots of them) green peppers and black olives. Maybe I'll shove a pic in here later once it's cooked, if I remember to take one.

... I can't find yeast anywhere anymore...
Get thee to an Amish bulk food store. That's where I found my last brick, albeit before the Plague showed up. But you might be able to find out if they have any in stock by calling them. I googled "Amish bulk food stores close to Columbus" and came up with one northwest on U.S. 33 near Marysville-New Dover. Amish Heritage Country Market

Get thee to an Amish bulk food store. That's where I found my last brick, albeit before the Plague showed up. But you might be able to find out if they have any in stock by calling them. I googled "Amish bulk food stores close to Columbus" and came up with one northwest on U.S. 33 near Marysville-New Dover. Amish Heritage Country Market

Thanks, I know about where that's at. One of our warehouses is in Plain City, not too far from Marysville.

Saw yeast in the market last week. I think it will be coming back.

I hope so because every time I go to the store (which isn't often, I only go when I absolutely have to) the yeast shelf is empty. Always. At 3 different Kroger stores I visit. No. Yeast. Ever.

We had an outstanding dinner tonight with leftover gently warmed rare Tri-tip and Chimi sauce, with the star of the show...BST Bake (Bacon/Spinach/ home grown Tomatoes). It's a delicious recipe I made up some time ago, and I finally put into recipe form for anyone who may be interested.

Attachments

• P6270030.jpg
    P6270030.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Fine looking and sounding good dinners everyone.

We had sloppy joe's, tostitos corn chips to rescue the overflow, ice berg lettuce salad with orange-y french dressing and blue cheese crumbles. One of the neighbor's munchkins had a birthday. We were treated to choc cake and ice cream served over the back fence.

Last edited:
Today, I made the garlic scape pesto I had been wanting to try. It's delicious. We had with store bought tortellini. We added slices of chorizo to it and called it supper. We also had some whole wheat baguette which we dipped in the pesto. Yum. Sorry about the fuzzy photo. I used my tablet to take the photo, since my phone is still refusing to be nice about charging.

ACtC-3eLEdKQkxeCHK7RarD5Wu0rYgiRGKTBGFShYZ63ys4bUns5W-W3KH2aGeGMYmerng_RTB_xwI7DDM3Ijao1yhRdcbIIKtS13Cs2xUJMO8Dk07dhs6wCmChBTPsYcCeMhi414UNh1NIyCqV_SIds8fU3gA=w1391-h869-no

Last night's dinner: grilled tuna seasoned with rice vinegar, soy sauce and sesame seeds, served over pilaf (I really like this pilaf better than plain white rice) and a salad with mesclun from our garden and romaine from the store.

I made a creamy sesame Japanese salad dressing for the first time. I only had tahini, so the dressing was a little tight. To loosen it, I added more rice vinegar and liquid from my jar of fresh ginger preserved in sherry, till it was pourable. It's really good :yum:

https://thejapantry.com/japanese-sesame-salad-dressing/
2020-06-28-12-41-12.jpg2020-06-28-12-39-57.jpeg

Teriyaki Salmon Burgers on Skinny Multi-Grain Buns, Air Fries, Steamed Broccoli under a Cheddar Blanket.... SoS, Hidden Valley ranch...

Salmon burgers.jpg

Lol, very little. It's orzo toasted in butter with salt, then add rice, stir, add a bit more salt and water and simmer till done. The toasting makes all the difference.

GG, try it with chicken or beef broth in place of the water.

GG I love Pilaf like that too..I add...
[FONT=&quot]chicken broth, about 2 tbs. of dried Porcini mushroom pieces, a sprinkle of dried onion flakes, a couple of shakes of Worcestershire sauce, about 1/2 tsp of curry powder, and some salt, sprinkled with sliced almonds

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom