Dinner, 6/4?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been at my parents' all day helping them pack to move...hubby went to one of the local restaurants (yea - it's summer so we have several open in town!) and got 2 catfish dinners to go. The catfish was great - the fries were terrible...but neither of us had to cook!

Had a happy accident of stumbling across a great lil restaurant I would not of normaly gone in. Not a typical hoe humm mexican place, but a very good, well priced, filling dining experience. Food was stellar, as far as mexican goes, and the margos........wow.

We hit a few festivals today and stopped at a little resturant. They had a buffet going on and talk about some good home cooked food......fried chicken, chicken noodles, mashed potatoes & gravy, stuffing, carrots, green beans, all kinds of pasta and bean salads + the garden salad. The only down fall was they only had cantalope for dessert on the buffet and I don't like that but owe well I was so full I probably couldn't of ate any dessert anyway.

We had a fun day, the kids swimming, playing on the swings and slide, eating relaxing, just good old summer fun:LOL: We had grilled baby back ribs, and wow did the sauce we put on turn out good. At the last minute I realized I'd forgotten the bbq sauce to I use the little bit I had about a 1/4 of a bottle of Cattlemens hickory smoke to which I added Worcestershile, balsamic fruit marinade, cranberry mustard, ponzu,1 cube melted butter,plain balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, onionpowder, ketchup!!!In other words I cleaned out the refrigerator and one cupboard:ROFLMAO:

but today was wonderful

kadesma:) turned out great, plus we had the frosted cantalope salad, tiny french green beans, still firm, cold with vidalia onions, evoo, rice vinegar,salt and pepper, corn on the cob,potato salad,parmesan bread,cucumbers, red onion slices in a little mayo mixed with sour cream, dill and lemon,homemade chocolate and vanilla ice cream on apricot crumb cake or chocolate chip, chocolate pound cake.
Stuffed???You betcha:ROFLMAO:

Today, I had my first full meal since last Tuesday, due to that flu bug I had. :glare: It is so awesome to be able to eat a regular meal. I had grilled chicken breasts marinated in Italian salad dressing with a wild rice/brown rice medley and sauteed zucchini.

hope your back at full steam soon sc.

we ate out almost all day today.

went to the polish bakery for rye, milk, eggs, crumbcake, and ham for brekkie. made french toast and eggwhite/ham omelettes.

went to a local italian place for a quick lunch on our way to the beach. we shared a prosciutto/fresh mozz/roasted red pepper/evoo hero, a penne with sausage platter, and a grilled chicken salad, and a coupla slices of pizza. everything was very good, except the pizza. the cheese tasted as if it were frozen, like a partially pre-cooked take home pizza in a box.
still, i'll go back for their other entrees.

then we went down the jersey shore, had ice cream and lemonades while playing games on the boardwalk in point pleasent. then we went to martell's and ate in the back restaurant. we all ordered the crab encrusted halibut with garlic mashed. it was ok, but again, the halibut tasted as if it were frozen (i even suspect it might have been cod). the crab topping was nice, definitely fresh picked blueclaw crabmeat, but the breading it was mixed with was dry and underbaked. it coulda used some butter and egg to help moisten it and hold it together.
all in all, it wasn't terrible for an overpriced joisey shorefront restaurant. (the garlic mashed spuds were abundant, and awesome!)

i devoired an entire slice. UGH! next cut, i'm only consuming half! indigestion is knockining at my digetives tract as we speak!

Yesterday - dodging lightning bolts & torrential raindrops, lol - I grilled some Indian tandoori-marinated chicken on the outside charcoal grill & served it with some yellow rice mixed with spinach, & some cucumber/tomato yogurt raita.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom