Dinner 7-22-2015 ~ Wonderful Wednesday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Why is it wonderful, you might wonder? Nothing special, but any day on this side of the sod, having food to eat and the ability to cook it, should make it wonderful no matter what. ~~~ signed: Little Mary Sunshine :)

Himself will be showing his grill skills later, cooking up a couple of chicken breasts. We'll be test driving our new jar of Mural of Flavor on one, and good, ol' reliable Greek seasoning on the other. He'll also grill a couple of zucchinis. Also, we'll have steamed broccoli/cauliflower/carrot too. Have a small crown of broccoli crying to be used. I probably should make a salad, too, since the greens are hiding the back wall of the fridge.

One small piece of blueberry pie. It's supposed to be Himself's, but I'll give him sad puppy-dog eyes and end up with some of it. :LOL:

What's going on in your kitchen - or someone else's, for that matter?

Sounds good, CG. I think you'll like the Mural of Flavor, it's great on chicken.

I'm making shrimp egg foo young, with a soy sauce and beef broth 'gravy'. Been craving that for quite a while, and since I still have 2 dozen farm fresh eggs left out of 4, that'll be a good way to use up some of them. Sautéed sugar snap peas on the side.

And I completely agree with your first paragraph! :)

Last edited:
I'm making a beef and lamb meatloaf seasoned with flavors from the Near East. Since I have the oven going I'll bake a couple of potatoes.

......I'm making shrimp egg foo young, with a soy sauce and beef broth 'gravy'. Been craving that for quite a while, and since I still have 2 dozen farm fresh eggs left out of 4, that'll be a good way to use up some of them. Sautéed sugar snap peas on the side.....

Oh boy, was that good. :yum:

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 184
Wow.....that looks just delicious Cheryl ! I love Egg Foo Yung....it's the SousChef's specialty and now I'm hungry for it!

I'm doing floured and browned chicken thighs on top of the stove and finished in the convection oven. Baked spuds and salads will round it all out.
I used some duck fat to brown the thighs.

That looks awesome, Cheryl! :yum:

We're picking at my leftover cheese steak sandwich from lunch.

CG, when my dad calls me, I ask how he's doing and he always says, "I'm still vertical!" and I say, "I'm glad to hear that!" :LOL:

DH had a business dinner tonight. I had a BBLT - bacon, basil, lettuce and tomato sandwich with carrots, cucumbers and ranch dressing for dipping.

Attachments

• 1437612812999.jpg
    1437612812999.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 174
GG, I would so love your Dad! And your BBLT makes me wish I had made those for us last night. :yum: I was debating between BLTs and going out while we drove home from our last errand. Guess it's now on my menu for "soon".

Oh boy, was that good. :yum:
Cheryl, your Egg Foo Yung looks scrumptious! Mine never looked that good, so I gave up trying. Recipe, please? With lots of advise.

If we're going to show off dinner, I have to say that Himself grilled to perfection. (The zucchini looks more charred than it really was.) The Mural of Flavor is...OK. I still like the Greek seasoning best. There were five pieces of chicken: two breasts each cut in half (because they are so very large these days), plus one random tender. Three got hit with the Greek, one with Mural, and the last was a Berbere. I'm not one for heat, but that Berbere sure is tasty!

Attachments

• 2015-07-22 20.52.20.jpg
    2015-07-22 20.52.20.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 180
I just made a wrap using the left over hummus, chicken, swiss chard, tomato, Cucumber, french turnip, carrot, basil, and carrot greens.

If we're going to show off dinner, I have to say that Himself grilled to perfection. (The zucchini looks more charred than it really was.) The Mural of Flavor is...OK. I still like the Greek seasoning best. There were five pieces of chicken: two breasts each cut in half (because they are so very large these days), plus one random tender. Three got hit with the Greek, one with Mural, and the last was a Berbere. I'm not one for heat, but that Berbere sure is tasty!

Looks fabulous! Himself did a great job! :yum:

Back
Top Bottom