Dinner, 7/6?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i haven't decided yet- probably fish & a grn. salad of some sort, wheatberry salad & either fruit or angelfood cubes w/ strawberry & blueberry compote.
what's for your dinner this evening?

Because summer's too nice to go by so fast! I changed it to 7 for ya' luvs.:)

We're having a spinach and orzo salad with grilled chicken breast. I have some corn on the cob that needs to be used up so we may have that, too.

potatoes

freshly dug potatoes and garlic, roasted. I honestly have never roasted vegetables before. I also usually do not use fresh garlic, toooo hot, so this is an experiment. And fresh raspberries and whipped cream.

Friends are coming over, and we're having burgers and brats on the grill and freshly picked sweet corn. I probably should have made deviled eggs or something, but I didn't.

We had rillettes sandwiches, leftover chicken and marinated cherry tomatoes.

Pork Tenderloin

My Sil Who Normally Can't Cook Anything Made A Wonderful
Pork Tenderloin She Marinated It Overnight In A Teriyaki
Sauce With Lots Of Peanuts. Then Grilled Them They Were Very
Good. I Made Cheezy Potatoes, Salad And Rootbeer Floats.

I Think She Can Cook Just Does Not Like Too. But Diner Was
Very Good Last Night. I Will Definately Get The Pork Recipe.

Too many pies in my case. I promised myself (and everyone else) I'd make Greek courgette pie (Kolokythopitta) tonight. And I've just looked at some plums I bought a couple of days ago. They look like they're more likely to get eaten in a pie than in their raw state now! And seeing as I don't want to put the oven on too often in these baking hot Spanish summer days... I'll be making plum pie tonight as well. Hey ho. Bet we enjoy them anyway, especially if I can persuade someone to go out and get some vanilla ice-cream to go with the plum pie. Just as well I've hardly eaten anything today...

Snoop Puss said:
I'll be making plum pie tonight as well. Hey ho. Bet we enjoy them anyway, especially if I can persuade someone to go out and get some vanilla ice-cream to go with the plum pie. Just as well I've hardly eaten anything today...

Hey we just made a fresh batch of real vanilla bean ice cream the other day... bring over the pie, can we share??:-p

bring over the pie, can we share?? (Sorry to quote you like this, Urmaniac. Can't get the quote thing to work right for some reason this evening.)

Can't think of anything better, Urmaniac! Home-made vanilla bean ice-cream... Now what girl could resist an offer like that? Not this one, that's for sure.

Snoop Puss said:
bring over the pie, can we share?? (Sorry to quote you like this, Urmaniac. Can't get the quote thing to work right for some reason this evening.)

Can't think of anything better, Urmaniac! Home-made vanilla bean ice-cream... Now what girl could resist an offer like that? Not this one, that's for sure.

Indeed, it is to die for!! :-p :rolleyes: Once you taste ours, you would never think of a term like "plain old" for a vanilla ice cream!

btw, when you edit "quotes", make sure to leave those "code" thingy at the beginning and at the end of the quote... that will do the trick!!:cool:

I made a small picnic for the beach (not a lot of time) Cajun Shrimp Cocktail, Crab Linguini Salad (tossed in a lime ginger vinagrette) Strawberries with fresh whipped cream, bottle of wine, and pitcher of Peach Martinis!!!

Erik said:
I made a small picnic for the beach (not a lot of time) Cajun Shrimp Cocktail, Crab Linguini Salad (tossed in a lime ginger vinagrette) Strawberries with fresh whipped cream, bottle of wine, and pitcher of Peach Martinis!!!

That sounds really good!! We should do that some time, the water of Ostia is not very good for dipping yourselves in, but the beach is surely good for a picnic:chef:

I pounded 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves thin, then floured & sauteed them in some extra-virgin olive oil & butter. Removed them to a warm oven & added the juice of one lemon to the pan, stirred & poured over the cutlets as a quick pan sauce.

Served them with chopped spinach tossed with some crumbled feta cheese, & some lovely tiny Fingerling potatoes that I first boiled, then sliced into "coins" & sauteed in extra-virgin olive oil until golden-crisp outside, & tender inside. Dusted them with some hot Hungarian Paprika & sea salt.

:flowers:
urmaniac13 said:
That sounds really good!! We should do that some time, the water of Ostia is not very good for dipping yourselves in, but the beach is surely good for a picnic:chef:
Not a really swimming trip...just a "hey I like you...and let's do something spontaneous to get to know you" kind of date!!!:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom