Dinner 8-7-13: What's Food Got to Do With It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Something, probably a steak, on the new grill that gets delivered and assembled later today.
It's raining. I'll sauté that steak and some 'shrooms and have a tomato, cucumber, and chive salad. All stuff Stirling isn't fond of, 'cept the chives. He'll eat steak, but prefers it with a fancy sauce, 'cause he isn't big on "slab-o'-beef".

So, probably burgers on the grill tomorrow. I just checked - only 30% chance of showers tomorrow afternoon & evening.

My nachos will live to be eaten another day.
I ended up grilling a ribeye and topping it with a white sauce including broccoli and blue cheese. Along with a couple of sides and grilled garlic bread.

Ended up with Breakfast for Supper because I had a taste for it...even though I didn't go work in the garden. Made dirty eggs and added some bacon - meh, the bacon got lost. Next time they'll be regular dirty. (Basically scrambled eggs with minced sauted onions and mushrooms. LOTS of mushrooms and onions.) I was also looking for an excuse to have another one of those evil French Toast bagels. Dipped in maple syrup, of course. Ohio maple syrup. :yum: Himself was a good boy - he had whole wheat toast.

Locally made smoked sausage, boiled new potatoes, fresh garden green beans, salad and corn on the cob. Blueberries for dessert.

I had a crab cake sandwich sans bread (much less expensive than the crab cake dinner) and mac ' cheese, along with a margarita. Yummy!

ForumRunner_20130808_165236.jpg

Back
Top Bottom