Dinner 9-11 (Wednesday)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
Potato, ham and cheese soup. I was hoping to try something new from here but DA wants this.

Your friend,
~Cat

What's for supper on Wed Sept 11, 2013?

I've got the fixin's for a very nice salad, a mix of lettuces, onions, carrots, green pepper, cucumber, roma tomato... crumbled blue cheese along with blue cheese dressing... :yum: I'll probably grill a steak and some smashed redskins to go along.

And you?

Wouldn't you know, lol.
Please merge my thread into Cat's, Katie H.

Last edited:
Potato, ham and cheese soup. I was hoping to try something new from here but DA wants this.

Your friend,
~Cat

I was going to suggest soup to you earlier, too, when I saw you were looking for something here. But then I said, Soup? Today? It's so danged hot as it is :mellow:
Let me dig up a great recipe for future reference for you.

Too busy for real cooking. Threw together a hamburger with the works, French fries and cottage cheese. It will have to do.

We're having pine floats...toothpicks and water.

We went out during the core of the day to run multiple errands and it so happened that we, um, had to be near one of our favorite eateries. Today is Wednesday and on Wednesday their special is ham hocks and white beans. Well, more like huge wooly mammoth-sized ham shanks and white beans. Glenn came in this morning and announced that our dog, Harley, said we had to go to Luke's for lunch. Yeah, right?! She can read the calendar:LOL::LOL: I think she had bones on her mind.

At any rate, we did go to Luke's and we did have their immense lunch plate, which also included a delightful slice of sweet white onion, a cake-sized chunk of homemade cornbread, and all the iced tea we could swallow. As usual, the ham hocks/shanks were tender and delicious and the white beans were perfect.

Unfortunately, we didn't have room for a slice of any of their gorgeous homemade pies for dessert.

P.S. We even talked the waitress out of the bones from the plates of two other people who left before we did. Harley is going to think she's died and gone to doggie bone heaven.:angel:

I hesitate to report that I made a potato soup today. It all started out with my needing some BACON, being tomato season and all, but turned into soup for supper. It is cool and breezy here for my justification

Cool and breezy... it pushed 90 here again today. Very muggy for this time of year.

There's a deli roast chicken in my future. We also have nice buns, a pile of salad veggies and some stuffed zucchini to get rid of. My brother comes into town tonight so there will be hot nibblies later. Buffalo chicken bites, dry ribs and bacon wrapped scallops. Mmmmm.

I've decided on lemon chicken breasts, pressure cooker risotto and some green beans. I've never used the PC for risotto. We'll see how we do.

I heated the remainder of my beef and beans enchiladas from the other day and made a fresh salad with tomatoes, cukes, avocado, jalapeno and a healthy sqweeze of lime juice. Still have a partial container of beef mix, so that's being retired to the freezer for another day. I generally prefer not to freeze tortillas, but they're going in there too.

I went to sign up for Slimming World this evening and before going I've been finishing off all the fattening foods in the freezer and 'fridge. My evening meal before Slimming World included a pizza, some salted caramel biscuits and a packet of peanut M&Ms.

Yes, I know that sounds crazy but if it stayed in the house I might fall off the wagon and scoff it but I can't bear to throw away food.

It's been 90º and very humid here. We're having salad and leftover stuff for a light meal today. Maybe a dish of ice cream later on when it's not so hot.

I was hoping to buy some Danish sandwiches at the Danish Club luncheon, but alas, there were none. Stirling ordered pizza. I had two souvlaki sticks and made a Montreal Greek salad: tomato slices, onion slices, feta, a few kalamata olives, EVOO, and a sprinking of Greek oregano from my garden.

Half an avocado with tabasco sauce, and a piece of toast with PB with a friend's lovely peach jam.

Maiden voyage of Simply Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Recipe - Food.com. Not a big fan of Mexican food so all I've ever made are tacos and burritos - basically sandwiches. Since Himself enjoys Mexican foods I thought I'd start stretching my skill set. I even used extra green chilies! :ohmy: They were surprisingly good. My SIL brought over her from-scratch scalloped potatoes tonight and will be running a sample size of Pasta Fagioli over tomorrow. She can take her food container from the potatoes back home with a couple enchiladas in it. Hmm, maybe we should plan food-swaps so we each cook once and eat twice...

Tonight was fettuccine with sauteed garlic, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and asparagus, cut on the diagonal, with white wine and chicken broth. Served with Parmigiano Reggiano.

Back
Top Bottom