Dinner 9/12/06?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
may hafta search through my fridge for me and my luvs' dinner. we had take-away, then burgers & au gratins..... i'm sorta stumped cause he's picky. if it wasn't impolite to swear i would.:)

Well, since I didn't get to cook our supper last night we're having what I had planned then. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, fresh creamed corn, & biscuits. We'll have leftover birthday cake for dessert (white cake with chocolate icing).

Frito Misto from a fish stand in the canal area in Milan....we are doing "aperitivo" and there are loads of little things to try at the bars, but some fried calamari and prawns will finish us off nicely. :)

pork chops via a recipe in Sunset Magazine. Couscous via the same mag and lemon drops via it too. I'll look up a specialty recipe using hari corveres {SP?}
and the toms in the yard and basil will be used too. cheese cake will be dessert as hubby's birthday was yesterday and you all know how happy of a dinner it was last night. never forget the date, that's why we're celebrating tonight.............hope dinner's good

anyone out there ever order cheese curds for making home made mozzarella? I'd love to but don't know if it's worth it...........

chicken noodle soup and rolls both homemade.

love soup

the high in kc today will not reach 70 so this will be good

I think... Hot-and-Sour Soup with Shrimp
I just found a recipe that sounds good. I've never tried making it before so... It'll be an experiment.

It's Tuesday, that means school tonight, which means no dinner! :(

Maybe a bag of chips or pretzels as a snack from a vending machine... Oh, and a coffee! Can't go to class without a large coffee! (I learned that last week - see, knowledge already!)

John

Chicken parmesan with some spaghetti. The sauce is cooking right now, then I'll bake the breaded chicken topped with sauce and mozzarella.

I have a whole chicken that I plan to roast with garlic, sage,butter, and white wine..Rice with onions and chicken broth, green salad or maybe just sliced tomatoes and avocado's for salad, and asparagus with butter and parmesan..and peaches, baked with amaretti cookies and a dash of rum.

kadesma:-p

Sauteed yukon gold potatoes and chicken wings. I've tossed some spanish onion and a chopped ugly ripe tomato into the pan as well now that the chicken and potatoes are almost done. I'll sprinkle some basil and shredded locatelli on top before serving it.

I have so little motivation to cook during the week. I feel bad for my son, though. He's in his last year at school, has an almost full time job, and there is hardly ever anything here to eat in the way of a traditional dinner. Me..I'm happy with a can of soup. When I do cook for him, I try to keep it all in one pan so there is less to wash..

Leftover chinese food from Sunday and leftover citrus wings from last night. Plus whatever needs to be purged from the fridge:rolleyes:

We had Chicken Crescent Casserole...spiced up a bit with crushed red chilis.

I had never made this before and I didn't know if it would work. You cook chicken tenders (I used sliced breasts), and unroll the crescent rolls. Sprinkle some cheese on the crescent rolls, put your chicken in and roll it up.

Put it in a 13x9 pan and cover it with cream of chicken soup mixed with 1/2 can milk . Sprinkle cheese over the crescent wrapped chicken and bake.

It was really pretty good.

crewsk said:
Well, since I didn't get to cook our supper last night we're having what I had planned then. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, fresh creamed corn, & biscuits. We'll have leftover birthday cake for dessert (white cake with chocolate icing).
that's it, i'm going to crewsk's. we didn't have dinner!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom