Dinner 9-13-2013 ~ Friday the 13th!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Superstitious? Nope! Just in case though, avoid black cats and ladders. ;)

Himself will be grilling beautiful porterhouse steaks that were on special at the corner grocery store. I'm in charge of the potato (twice-baked), veggie (broccoli, steamed) and salad (mostly romaine, to use it up).

Hey pac, is the thread started early enough for you? I did this special just for you. :chef:

Early enough? Well, if you're going to throw dinner in my face before I've even had breakfast, then I guess I'll have to think of something ;)

I have to make a run to Wegmans today, so I'll probably throw a package of ground lamb in the cart. I'm thinking feta stuffed lamb burgers on the grill.

I'm thinking of the bowl of shredded wheat I have in front of me...

Tonight I will be having a bean and cheese burrito.

FISH! I went out at lunch time and bought a salmon steak for myself and a haddock filet for SO. I want to grill the salmon. I'll check with SO on how she wants her haddock.

There I was. I had the red onion, the fresh mint and oregano, the feta... and the store was out of ground lamb. I even had dill and Greek yogurt to try my hand at making that sauce I can never remember how to spell without looking it up... So tonight's dinner will be?

There I was. I had the red onion, the fresh mint and oregano, the feta... and the store was out of ground lamb. I even had dill and Greek yogurt to try my hand at making that sauce I can never remember how to spell without looking it up... So tonight's dinner will be?

Well, it won't be the same, but you can use ground beef or pork. And it's tzatziki ;)

I'm going to try to hit Costco for some necessaries and some favorites for over the weekend. We still have seafood and chicken pasta left from last night (I guess I'm now re-re-purposing.) I usually pick up a sashimi platter or something like that. That will round out things for tonight. Thank goodness its Friday.

DH is going golfing with friends tonight, so it's just me. I picked two tomatoes from the garden yesterday that were starting to burst from moisture, so I'm thinking a BLT on homemade white bread and a sliced tomato with S&P, basil chiffonade and red-wine vinegar on the side.

Well, it won't be the same, but you can use ground beef or pork. And it's tzatziki ;)

Nope. I am determined to use lamb, so they will have to wait until tomorrow.
And of course you knew how to spell it, you posted up a recipe for it :chef:

Nope. I am determined to use lamb, so they will have to wait until tomorrow.
And of course you knew how to spell it, you posted up a recipe for it :chef:

And I'm an excellent editor and master speller. I have two dictionaries with my name on them from winning spelling bees in elementary school :mrgreen:

It's more like September here so I've made a big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup. Even made the noodles, which I often do. Lots of veggies in a nice rich broth that's filled with plenty of chunks of chicken. Hot potato yeast rolls to go with, iced tea to drink, and lemon pound cake for dessert.

Probably too late now but what about ground turkey?

Making a small meatloaf (and a few meatballs) with roasted potatoes. Probably going to have a salad with that...home grown tomatoes and bread still warm from the oven.

I am thinking Rigatoni al Carbonara...
As usual, I got carried away. I ended up making a Lobster Carbonara. Added a few fresh veggies, some lobster meat and some cream. And used Penne because there was an open bag of the stuff.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 152

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom