Dinner 9/14/06?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be making Baked Penne With Mushrooms And Cheeses I think we'll be adding hot italian sausage and maybe spinach too. I'm looking forward to it.
Opiñanita said:
That sounds really tasty. Have you ever told me about this dish before? Is it from that fine cooking magazine? One day I'll make one of those baked pasta dishes. Maybe sometime soon.
Click on the title (in blue) and it will take you to the recipe. Looks esay enough. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. dh keeps asking when dinner is. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
cora, your penne-funghi-formaggio-salsicce sounds really good.

i make something similar, except without the cream. i use a bitter green, like broccoli di rape or arrugula, tossed with hot sausage, hot pepper flakes, pasta, grated cheese and evoo.

tonight, i made monkfish in a fresh tomato, garlic, scallions, lemon thyme, parsley, hot pepper flakes, and caper sauce. after braising the monkfisk fillet whole, i cubed it and tossed it with linguini and the sauce.

dw commented that ithe fish reminded her of the texture of lobster. if i'd added a few shellfish and/or anchovy paste, i don't think you could've told the difference.

We had a salad with balsmic vinegarette and vodka sauce over penne. We shared a bottle of a very nice cabernet and finished off with the chocolate truffles I made earlier in the week. Yum! BTW Corazon, I copy and pasted Mish's recipe for Baked Penne With Mushrooms And Cheeses. Thanks for posting it again and thanks, Mish, for the original post!

Last night was the kid's last dinner with us for a while, as they left this morning. We had Chris's favorite, Italian Spaghetti, salad and garlic bread. He doesn't like his fiance's spaghetti...maybe because she's Mexican, she can't get the hang of the Italian flavors. Anyway, I supervised while he cooked, so next time, he'll know how to fix it himself.

Back
Top Bottom