Dinner 9/17/06?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
options. i'm opening my Chef's cookbook & looking for inspiration.:LOL:
you?

Last edited:
luvs, its 9:30 on the 16th here. It can't be the 17th where you are yet, come on girl, dinner is a LONG ways away yet! :LOL:

it'll be 17th 7 minutes from my 11:52. i say a Chef oughta be prepared to cook!:LOL:

Luvs, I usually know what I am making the night before too! Today we are having Fresh Mozzarella and tomato and basil salad, fresh grilled or steamed asparagus, potato snowballs, and either filet mignon or garlic and lemon turkey tenderloin. Mom's bring italian pastries for dessert - yum, can't wait.

hum, thought I started this thread this morning in Boston. that was way early. oh well.

not knowing as the layover is in Pittsburg and I don't know what's by the hotel.

update, it was the "ground round" where we ended up eating. and we ate everything on the menu

Last edited:
Michelemarie said:
Luvs, I usually know what I am making the night before too! Today we are having Fresh Mozzarella and tomato and basil salad, fresh grilled or steamed asparagus, potato snowballs, and either filet mignon or garlic and lemon turkey tenderloin. Mom's bring italian pastries for dessert - yum, can't wait.

What are potato snowballs?

It was chilly this morning so I'm making chicken stew w/ potatos, onions, carrots, green peppers (and everything else in the frig :) ) with either dumplings or homemade bread....and a salad. Lol, it's not so chilly this afternoon. We'll have to turn on the AC to eat it.

Both my kids are home and my boyfriend is still here watching the game. I'm making an early dinner since everyone will have to leave as soon as dinner is over.

For my daughter, the vegetarian I'm making gnocchi in a pesto cream sauce.

For everyone else, an italian meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas and sauteed carrots with shallots, and homemade applesauce.

We have cookies from Ferrara's pastry shoppe for dessert.

I've also begun two loaves of bread - honey oat.

We will be having baby carrots for the forseeable future. HH did the shopping this afternoon and brought back two bags (it was a buy one get one kind of deal).

He forgot to check the crisper drawer in the fridge, where we already had one and a half bags of the stuff.

LOL, mudbug! :LOL:

Let's see: carrot muffins, carrot cake, carrot cookies, candied carrots, copper penny carrots, carrot stew, carrot pancakes, carrot jelly .... :LOL: Buy a rabbit! :angel:

For lunch a Pakistani friend made us a beef dish and a potato/cauliflower/pea one. I brought a spicy tomato salad (from the garden) and a cucumber kimchee (also from the garden). Yummm yumm. We went to a potluck party in late afternoon ... MORE good food. I brought my artichoke dip, which everyone loves and is so easy. Great food all day. I may decide to have a cup of soup tonight.

We had a wonderful, albeit late, dinner tonight.

I stopped in at our local gourmet/organic market this afternoon & picked up a pound of huge dry-pack sea scallops, which I marinated for 30 minutes in one of my favorite bottled sauces - Dave's Gourmet "Soyabi" Sauce. I then just seared them in a little olive oil in my big cast-iron pan & sprinkled them with some sesame seeds.

In a separate pan I sauteed 2 paper-thin cut (on a mandoline) carrots, 1 diced lovely local organic yellow squash, 2 sliced tiny little baby bok choi, a minced clove of garlic, & a dash of hot sesame oil.

Light, healthy, fast, & delicious!!

abjcooking said:
Since we have been watching football all day I just threw together some sandwiches.

Picture this....I am in love with a guy from South Philly. My son was raised to be a Giants fan. Both are extremely agreeable:rolleyes:. It so happens my boyfriend stayed this afternoon to watch the game instead of leaving earlier to get back to Philly to watch. My son was home from school for the afternoon. They are both so agreeable that neither wanted to gloat when it would have been appropriate to gloat.

I stayed in the kitchen and cooked.

It was quite a game though, was it not?

OH boy, long day :LOL: we did the stuffed porkchops, instead of sauteeing them s-i-l put them into my fish grill basket and did them on the grill, basting them with a little butter mixed with white wine, they were delicious this way, We had the au gratin potatoes, tiny green beens with almonds, baby lettuce with sliced pears and dried cranberries and glazed walnut, evoo and pear vinegar then we sprinkle on a little crumbled blu cheese.home made rolls, with butter...dessert was to be cream puffs, but, we ended up with walnut brownies and vanilla ice cream...for starters today I did a cheddar/beer soup..yummy it hit the spot:)

kadesma

gloat gloat gloat.

gloat gloat gloat gloat, happy dance, gloat gloat gloat. :)

choke-town, pa. (ahhh, that feels good. forgive me, i'm better now)

i missed out on my chance for $10 and a bloody chest, as we stayed at my parents' house saturday night and went to island beach state park today. the ocean was rough, but it was a fun day. we stopped off at berkeley seafood for lunch on the way out. softshell crab sammies, lobster bisque, fried clam strips.

we got stuck in traffic on the way home, so we tried to order out from a new polish place up the block. i should have known something was weird when the 2 phone numbers on the menu were cell phones, and one of them was for ordering in polish. our 3 or 4 phone calls were redirected to a polish speaking voice mail system, so i left a message in spanglish.

so i ended up picking up food from a diner, which recently raised it's prices and hired **insert derrogatory word here**.
i had asked for a substitution on the menu (a large cole slaw instead of french fries with the grilled chicken sandwich deluxe for dw) and offered to pay extra if needed, but they managed not only to eliminate the fries, but the cole slaw as well. they didn't even include the usual tiny tablespoon sized cup of cole slaw. it was just a grilled chicken breast on a roll with lettuce and tomato, FOR $9. when the waiter handed me the bag, i reiterated my request, of which he assured me that everything was as ordered, so i left a 20% tip.
i discovered the mistake just as i was leaving for work, and called the place. the host actually argued with me that i shouldn't have asked for a substitution, and that i might be lying.

al i can say is: thank you philly. :) nothing can ruin my day, not even incompetence or rudeness.

time to find a new diner.

gloat.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom