Dinner 9/5/2019 National Cheese Pizza Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
Not cheese pizza, but I am recycling the leftover chili and making it into Chili Mac-n-Cheese. So I was making the cheese and macaroni (from scratch). My Dad stormed out of the pantry waving a box of Kraft Dinner above his head. "Why don't you use this? What you are doing is so much work!" I didn't have the energy to explain to him that I didn't even think to look for KD (haven't had that in my pantry since I was a poor grad student a hundred of light-years ago) and that for me, making Mac and cheese from scratch wasn't work. He's been watching too many commercials that are pushing cooking is work...They are having a side salad and vanilla pudding with rhubarb-strawberry conserve and whipped cream for dessert. Question? Why should he care? I am the one who plans the meals, cleans up the kitchen, and serves the meals.

Last edited:
We just ordered pizza. They may not be "cheese pizza", but they have cheese. In fact, Stirling's pizza has double cheese.

Ummmmmm. We had shrimp scampi, along with an off version of Alfredo vermicelli, my creation.

Because of the garlic in the shrimp, we can weld with our breaths.

Loved it and there are a few shrimp left to turn them into a Sunday breakfast omelet.

The shrimp shells have been set aside to make stock.

A quick Costco run to grab a couple of essentials resulted in our picking up a RotChik for dinner tonight. Some broiled zucchini seasoned with Cavender's Greek Seasoning was a delicious side.

Not cheese pizza, but I am recycling the leftover chili and making it into Chili Mac-n-Cheese. So I was making the cheese and macaroni (from scratch). My Dad stormed out of the pantry waving a box of Kraft Dinner above his head. "Why don't you use this? What you are doing is so much work!" I didn't have the energy to explain to him that I didn't even think to look for KD (haven't had that in my pantry since I was a poor grad student a hundred of light-years ago) and that for me, making Mac and cheese from scratch wasn't work. He's been watching too many commercials that are pushing cooking is work...They are having a side salad and vanilla pudding with rhubarb-strawberry conserve and whipped cream for dessert. Question? Why should he care? I am the one who plans the meals, cleans up the kitchen, and serves the meals.

After all you are the one with the dishes made up of your food wishes...

https://youtu.be/fyMQ2203pQM

Niece made a great salmon and potato dinner tonight. She has this one down well.

IMG_1967.jpgIMG_1966.jpg

I love using our little individual casseroles.

Tonight they were used for Dover Sole roll ups on beds of zucchini spirals all seasoned with lemon zest/butter/chives topped with buttered Panko crumbs and baked in the toaster oven. Wild rice mix with almonds was the side.
Yummy....

Attachments

• P9050035[1].jpg
    P9050035[1].jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 140
Good looking fish dinners, Kayelle and Gimme. Gimme, how old is your daughter?

Finally out of leftovers! Himself had the last of the potato salad, the last hot dog, and the last of the corned beef - on rye with mustard. I had a tuna melt on the last brioche roll, and then a little more tuna because it turned out good (I put capers and lemon juice in this batch). We both had heaping servings of fresh-cut corn off the cob - three ears. Now no more lefto...:huh:

I just remembered, there's enough tuna salad for another sandwich. :LOL:

Good looking fish dinners, Kayelle and Gimme. Gimme, how old is your daughter?

Finally out of leftovers! Himself had the last of the potato salad, the last hot dog, and the last of the corned beef - on rye with mustard. I had a tuna melt on the last brioche roll, and then a little more tuna because it turned out good (I put capers and lemon juice in this batch). We both had heaping servings of fresh-cut corn off the cob - three ears. Now no more lefto...:huh:

I just remembered, there's enough tuna salad for another sandwich. :LOL:

My niece is in her teens although spoiler alert she’s had some cooking training and is most likely pursuing culinary arts after high school.

One of our favorite local seafood restaurants had a special yesterday - half off everything, to clear inventory before the storm, in case they experienced flooding (they're located next to a marina). So we went. I ordered my favorite tempura shrimp tacos with hush puppies and salad. I only ate two tacos - the third, along with a hush puppy, made a delicious lunch today. DH had fish tacos.
0905191805a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom