Dinner 9-6-2013 ~ Friday Fryday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Or are you cooking something a little healthier than fried food?

It's grocery day at Chez Goddess and I try to not cook much. Today we'll have fish I'll pick up at one of the stores I hit since they fry it right there while you shop. I will make potato wedges with my last two russets, and something green maybe. Already have the paper plates on the table!

What good eats do you have going?

Thanks for starting this. It just reminded me to put that ribeye loin in the freezer so it slices easier.
Tonight's dinner will be one of those steaks.

I can't eat fried food anymore, but I miss it.

Tonight I've made a pan full of yellow squash with onion, smashed garlic and oleo and will most likely braise/poach a couple of Talapia filets in it for dinner, and will still have more squash left over.

For once, everyone is home! we'll have ribeyes on the grill and baked potatoes and salads. In a few I'll be popping those taters in the oven.

A smooth white ball of dough is slowly rising in the kitchen and awaits disk-ification and the addition of tomato, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil, prior to its being slid into a very hot oven. This is all being done in the name of Queen Margherita if Italy.

Beer and wine will accompany this delightful creation.

Last edited:
We went out to eat tonight and I had liver and onions with mashed potatoes and coleslaw. It was the best liver I've ever had. My 5 year old grandson was with us and I bribed him, told him it was steak, and got him to eat a piece. He said he loved it. I did that because his mother used to work at that restaurant and she said she could barely serve it if someone ordered it. So I texted her and told her her son ate it. You have to do something to make babysitting fun.

Burgers and all the fixin's. Chicken breast with avocado and tomato topped with gouda for Bugs, and beef with cheese etc for Ken. I'm undecided and may have to do half of each!

We're going out, headed to our new fave steakhouse restaurant. DH is ISO fish, I think they have salmon. I, on the other hand, would happily share another porterhouse. Not a salmon fan.

Along with my steak I have put a couple smashed redskins on the grill, seasoned some garlic bread that is waiting it's turn to be tossed on the grill, and made a lovely ;) salad with crispy iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, sweet onions, blue cheese, cheddar cheese and Catalina dressing :yum: I think I am looking forward to the salad more than anything.

Fried chicken strips, rice w/ gravy, tomato salad, and some pickeled beets I canned today.
39817-albums960-picture5621.jpg

Left over Cataplana from last night with some cuban hoaggies to stretch things.

Chased my tail around two grocery stores and came home grouchy to Himself moaning because he was sore from cutting the grass. He uses a walk-behind on an uneven, hilly yard. We have half an acre (ache-er?) that is heavily wooded in the rear, but still a lot to cut. So after we got the groceries in he started to skim the nip bottles that came home from us when we were in NC last fall. I suggested either margaritas or dark & stormies. Ended up having dark & stormies. :yum: #feelingmellow

Chased my tail around two grocery stores and came home grouchy to Himself moaning because he was sore from cutting the grass. He uses a walk-behind on an uneven, hilly yard. We have half an acre (ache-er?) that is heavily wooded in the rear, but still a lot to cut. So after we got the groceries in he started to skim the nip bottles that came home from us when we were in NC last fall. I suggested either margaritas or dark & stormies. Ended up having dark & stormies. :yum: #feelingmellow
So, you had dark & stormies for supper? Had to google that. They sound yummy. What are "...the nip bottles..."?

We'll be having bøf Lindstrøm. I've never made it before. I hope it turns out good.
That turned out really good. Served it with pan gravy, boiled-then fried-sliced potatoes, and garlic butter mixed vegis.

I forgot to save the potato water to use in the pan gravy. I think I finally figured out why so many Danish recipes call for potato water. I betcha the starch in the potato water thickens the gravy a bit.

I used this recipe: Bf Lindstrm med billede opskrift fra Alletiders Kogebog Opskrifter

If you translate it (from Danish), there are no babies (Google mis-translation) or infants (Bing mis-translation). It's add the cream gradually. :LOL:

I was gonna take pix, but after 1 Margarita and half a glass of red wine, I just slipped my mind.

And now I'm going to make us some dessert Margaritas.

Back
Top Bottom