Dinner 9-9-2019 ~ National Teddy Bear Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
While stuffed toy bears are older than their moniker, the "teddy bear" became a thing after President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt refused to shoot a baby bear and a satirical artist created an image of said event. Children of all ages have been cuddling up to teddy bears ever since. Hopefully, no bears died in the making of our dinners.

I did an Aldi run today. While there I picked up brats, sauerkraut, and potato chips. Got corn at the weekly farmers' market along the road. Had homemade pickles at home. No Kringles at Aldi, but I did score Amoroso rolls for the brat sandwiches.

What did you cuddle up to on your plate tonight?

Sorry to say I didn’t make it from scratch but now that I’ve had them they r on my radar. Tonight’s delicacy was perogies, onions, sour cream. Followed by my homemade scratch chocolate cupcake from the other day.

IMG_2031.jpgIMG_2043.jpg

I have a wonderful, and now pretty old, Teddy Bear. The arms and hips are movable.

Tonight's dinner was kielbasa, steamed asparagus cuts, lemon butter and oven roasted sliced zukes, more lemon, garlic and a sprinkle red pepper flakes. Funny, I didn't want to roast the asparagus in case they got over cooked, yet did not hesitate roasting thinner sliced zukes.

It was a slightly wet and chilly (temps high 50'sF) day. I baked raspberry muffins early this afternoon.

Last edited:
Quick Sear then Air Fryer .... Pork Loin Chop on a bed of Skillet Cabbage, Baked (Nuked, actually) Sweet Tater, 'Baby' Carrots with Celery Leaves....

Pork Chop, Skillet Cabbage.jpg

SO stated a preference for BEEF! for dinner. Rummaging around in the freezer, I found a flank steak and a loaf of stuffing bread(!) so I made stuffed flank steak. Green beans served as a side.

My Pooh is a Steiff that my Dad has a child. He definitely resembles the Velveteen Rabbit. Since the KN (a/k/a my Dad) was still away in WI, Mom had tamales, rice, and fruit for supper in keeping with the "food the KN won't eat theme."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom