Dinner 9th August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buon Giorno, Good Morning,

Kadesma´s recipe:

Cold Fresh Peach Gazpacho for starters, and freshly caught white Tuna Tartare main ... Something truly lite, yet high in nutrition ...

We are veered toward simple Mediterranean fresh products and rarely if ever, touch cans or tins, or jarred preserved products or anything sold in plastic.

Have lovely August,
Margaux Cintrano.

Foto: recipe to be posted.

I think I'll just gorge myself on fresh sweet corn from the corn patch...and then, if I'm still hungry, finish off the leftover wings from Monday.

i haven't made them in a very long time, but i think i'll give another go to trying to replicate jimmy armstrong's famous grilled pork chops.

jimmy was a wise old codger who, after a life travelling the world as a merchant seaman, owned and operated a restaurant on the corner of west 57th and 10th ave in hell's kitchen, nyc for many years.

i've tried to duplicate his recipe for the grilled pork chops, and i'm close but i just can't figure out the last bit that really infused a garlicy sweetness into the chops.

i have to be back at work in 9 hours (i haven't even left work to go home yet :(), so i'll get the chops in the mixture when i get home, sleep a bit, and if i have time before i head back into the city i'll grill the chops for dinner.

if not, they'll soak for a good 24 hours, and i'll get some takeout.

Well I'm still feeling lazy after a few hectic days this week, so I think it'll probably be a similar dinner to last night.
Shove fish in the oven, whip up a salad, and something to go over the top.
I'm thinking of having some spinash, lettuce and cucumber, mixed with some hot salsa, and some crackerbread on the side to dip in.
I am being so lazy lately it's ridiculous. I'm not used to the heat we're having at the moment, so the thought of sweating it out over the stove isn't too appealing. Plus the heat always makes me want to eat lighter, so I just tend to graze during the day rather than have big meals.
Saying that I've had big beef dinners 3 days in a row this week, I think that might be why my appetite has gone slightly. I'm not used to eating the huge amounts that I did! Oops!

Last evening of work before holidays! WOOT! Leaving leftover bacon/cheeseburger meatloaf and garlic bread.

If the chicken I got out of the freezer this morning is thawed, we'll have that. Otherwise it will be grilled cheese with a salad. I picked up some green olive cheddar at a Wisconsin creamery yesterday and thought it might make a good sandwich. Well, it sounds good in theory anyway.

Beer brined, grilled poke chops with Linda's slaw and corn on the cobb.

I'm going to throw some chicken thighs sprinkled with Montreal Chicken spice in the oven. We will have some kind of vegetable, possibly some cheese. Greek yogurt with fruit for dessert.

just cooked & eaten this.food that gives you huge hug & a big sloppy kiss.posted the recipe in fish section,give it a try,you won't regret it..HARRY'S SMOKED MACKEREL POTATOES DAUPHINOISE

Attachments

• SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 001.JPG
    SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 001.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 152
  • SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 002.JPG
    SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 002.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 139
  • SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 004.JPG
    SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 004.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 128
  • SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 006.JPG
    SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 006.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 143
  • SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 007.JPG
    SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 007.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 153
  • SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 008.JPG
    SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 008.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 129
  • SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 009.JPG
    SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 009.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 137
  • SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 010.JPG
    SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 010.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 144
  • SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 011.JPG
    SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 011.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 177
  • SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 014.JPG
    SMOKED MACKEREL DAUPHINOISE 014.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 142
It's about 109 degrees out today. It will be fast & easy...
Italian-style Sloppy Joes w/ green peppers & onions, topped w/ provolone on ciabatta rolls. Cold macaroni salad on the side.

Burgers and sweet corn with fresh made iced sweet tea. Decided to wait on the peach cobbler for tomorrow with the pork chops I got at the store today.

Back
Top Bottom