Dinner Anyone? Tuesday, 2/25/2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Soon-to-Be Chili Dogs, Buttered Carrots, Air Fries, Bow-Tie Pasta Salad with Marinated Mushrooms.... and Chili, of Course...

Chili Dogs.jpg

Had decided on fish today so, I used Kayelle's "Perfect Fish Batter".. It was.. :)

Served steamed asparagus and a green salad as sides..

Later will be ice cream while watching Prime TV shows..

Ross

I think today is the 25th.

Ayam panggang (Indonesian grilled chicken) with jasmine rice, Javanese carrot and cucumber salad (pickled), and sambal kecap made with homemade kecap mannis. It was really good. Need to work on the salad/pickled veges though.

Attachments

• 2020-02-25 18.19.53.jpg
    2020-02-25 18.19.53.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 87
I'm going to Bingo Night with the Neighborhood Gals,
my third time, and I'm excited! I'm driving the PARTY BUS!!!

So it's early, quick`n easy supper of
frozen-from-Costco Marie Callender's Chicken Pot Pies
and a side of fresh Green Beans.

Dessert for all later, including DH, I left some of these out for him

IMG_5502.jpg

The temp said 38F, the wind told me it is sub artic out and I only have an artic parka. Paid the pizza delivery the opportunity to test the weather and bring a pepperoni pizza.

This morning I was casting about for dinner ideas and came upon the idea of searching the daily dinner threads. I cast back 5-6 months and started reading. When I got to Chili Mac and Cheese I stopped. SO gave her enthusiastic seal of approval so that's what was for dinner tonight.

We have both leftover ham-mac-and-cheese and chicken pot pie. I had a little of each.

We need something from the fruit-and-veggie column. I could make a salad...but I'm thinking those blueberries in the fridge would make a nice cobbler or crisp. :brows:

We had frozen tortellini with Stirling's wonderful pasta sauce and a salad with some pretty darned good blue cheese dressing that I made to go with it. No cilantro involved.

We had one of our all-time favorite seafoods - Scallops- this time with a honey/lemon/soy sauce, which was new to me but excellent !

Attachments

• IMG_9444- Scallops with honey & lemon-soy sauce.jpg
    IMG_9444- Scallops with honey & lemon-soy sauce.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 122
We had frozen tortellini with Stirling's wonderful pasta sauce and a salad with some pretty darned good blue cheese dressing that I made to go with it. No cilantro involved.

Love tortellini - tell us more about Stirling's wonderful pasta sauce - sounds like a great accompaniment to tortellini - actually any tasty sauce would likely be excellent with this pasta - at least to me.

I made some fruit salad for dessert. That really hit the spot.

This morning I was casting about for dinner ideas and came upon the idea of searching the daily dinner threads. I cast back 5-6 months and started reading. When I got to Chili Mac and Cheese I stopped. SO gave her enthusiastic seal of approval so that's what was for dinner tonight.

Interesting.. :)

I had the TV on, as background noise, and Trisha Yearwood did a segment about Chili Mac and Cheese.. I was immediately intrigued..

Imagine.. 80 years old and have never had that combination.. :ermm:
I'm correcting that very soon..

Ross

We went to a diabetes / heart-healthy cooking class yesterday at the local extension agency. One of the dishes she demonstrated was a fried-cabbage dish with jalapeno peppers. Like the cabbage part, but not the peppers. She also told us ways to vary up the dish with other add-ins. Think I'll try it one day next week.

Had left-over pot roast and associated side dishes for supper last night.

Back
Top Bottom