Dinner August 10, Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably beer, beer, beer and more beer. Two of my brothers from out of town are coming in to see my mom. They are staying here which may not be a good thing. My mom in is an assisted living facility so they have no choice.........I kinda wish I did! lol

Barb

I'm in the mood for Italian. So it'll either be manacotti stuffed with a mixture of several cheeses, ground meat and spinach and topped with pasta sauce and more cheese. Or I watched Everyday Italian today and the pasta dish she made looked pretty yummy and I have plenty of cherry tomatoes. Either way the sides will be a side salad and I'll grill some bread and rub it with garlic and tomato.

I'm finally getting tomatoes from the garden, so the first course is fresh mozzarella with tomato slices and fresh basil, olive oil and black lava sea salt.

Dinner is cavatelli with a sauce of tomatoes, peppers and onions and poached eggs.

Still have crumb custard cake from last night..

Grilling some baby backs, made a pot of my dad's beans,cheese bread, fixed some tomatoes with avocados and red onions, dressed with evoo and red wine vinegar, have a platter of melons, grapes, nectarines from our tree...and made Paula Deen's better than S-- Cake for my s-i-l who has been bugging me for weeks about it...
appies are up to the girls today:LOL:

kades

When I was shopping last Wednesday, one of the markets had a 2-pound piece of London broil discounted to $5. Not one to pass up a bargain and the fact that I had been craving beef on the grill, I bought it. I divided it into 3 equal portions, left one out for tonight's meal and froze the other 2.

I'll have a baked potato with sour cream, etc. along with. Not sure if I'll have anything else. I'm just not very hungry anymore. I AM looking forward to eating a nice rare piece of beef later.

Sunday Dinner is served at noon here. It was...

Venison steak, cooked in graaaaaavy.
Served over rice, and an open face biscuit.
Squash Casserole
Pink-Eye Peas with boiled Okra
Slices of Tomato. Vidalia Onion, and pods of Cayenne pepper.
Dessert was a hot buttered biscuit with pear preserves.

Supper tonight will be Kitchen Sink Soup...

We are having BBQ'd chicken thighs, grilled sweet corn, garden tomatoes and fresh baked bread from Amish Town we visited yesterday!.....melts in your mouth!

It was DD's birthgday dinner. We had homemade semolina ravioli with cheese filling and seafood filling, homemade Italian bread from yesterday. DW's marinara sauce, Oriental salad (like Applebee's) and Devil's Food cake with mock whipped cream frosting (beat for 10 minutes) and frozen yogurt. Very tasty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom