Dinner, Christmas Eve, 24th December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight is our Christmas Eve buffet :)

We have party food such as puffy dogs, samosas, curried pasties, cheese pakoras, homemade sausage rolls, devilled eggs, pork pies, spring rolls, cheese and onion and cheese and pineapple sticks, mince pies, christmas cake, chocolates, potato chips etc etc

It is certainly a feast ;)

We will also be having snowballs, which are Advocaat and lemonade mixed, the most lovely Christmas drink!

All this whilst watching a couple of movies :)

We're planning on going out for a late lunch tomorrow and just have something light for dinner.

Our tradition on Christmas eve is always chili & oyster stew. All the younger ones bring their favorite appetizer for the table.

I have no idea what supper will be. We are heading to Cornwall, Ontario for a couple of days to visit the mummy-in-law.

I have no idea either. We will be spending the night with our best friends, eating Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas dinner with them. :cool:

We were invited to have dinner at the home of some friends. Not sure what is on the menu.

We have a long standing tradition of eating out on Christmas Eve. Usually Sushi. :)
You brought back a good memory! When James moved down to South Carolina, he arrived late on Christmas Eve. The only restaurant still open was the Chinese place, so he bought us Chinese take-out.

Enjoy your sushi! :yum:

We have party food such as puffy dogs, samosas, curried pasties, cheese pakoras, homemade sausage rolls, devilled eggs, pork pies, spring rolls, cheese and onion and cheese and pineapple sticks, mince pies, christmas cake, chocolates, potato chips etc etc

We will also be having snowballs, which are Advocaat and lemonade mixed, the most lovely Christmas drink!

Kylie--wake up! We have already had a thread on this topic going.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f115/christmas-dinner-plans-83417.html

I will be making salmon salads for our main meal at lunch with the leftovers. I make it with wild rice and it is delicious!

I am alone for dinner but will probably graze while I prepare food for tomorrow's lunch. I am doing the turkey breast ahead as it will be sliced cold for sandwiches and may even make the soup tonight so the flavours meld. My dinner is listed in the Christmas dinner plans thread. :)

We're going to meet the future in-laws family tonight. We already met her mom and dad but this is the whole extended family. They always get together Christmas eve and we are invited this year. Not sure what to expect.

Puffy dogs - another Aussie term I had to look up. We call those pigs in a blanket :) Love them.

How many people are you having over? ;)

I was thinking duck breasts till we received a box from Omaha Steaks from my BIL and SIL. So tonight we're having sole stuffed with shrimp and crab with a green salad and rice pilaf. I may make a lemon sauce - need to look at the package again to see how the sole was done.

Nothing wrong with posting both places, is there? Christmas day dinner is over there.

Our traditional Christmas Eve dinner always includes Tamale's, and that's true for many people in Southern California. I leave making Tamales to the experts however, and buy them from a local Mexican family each year who make them for extra Christmas money. They are always excellent. We also always have my Chili Verde to go over the top of them, with diced onions, cilantro and cheese on the side.
Christmas Eve just wouldn't be the same without this menu.

Back
Top Bottom