Dinner du jour Mon Apr 27-2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
I grilled up a slab of spare ribs and made cole slaw and Dx made Potato Salad like her mom's. Spares were slathered lightly with mustard and rubbed and cooked using hickory-apple wood. The hardest part is to keep the grill cover closed and leave them alone while they do their own thing. It is not a participatory sport.

A simple organic chicken risotto - the special part being the home made stock (freshly made today from about 3 - 4 organic chicken carcasses).

Mmmmm.....ribs....with all this talk of ribs lately on here, it's really got my mouth watering for some. It's been a while since I've had a good slab of ribs. :yum:

I had a TJ's beef tamale for dinner this afternoon, sides were a scoop of refried black beans topped with homemade pico de gallo, and Spanish rice. Yum.

Salad to start, then roast beast, red and yellow potato cut in half and added to the meat pan, roasted cauliflower steaks, sauteed zucchini, and grilled tomato topped with balsamic vinegar and Havarti cheese. Himself was so wowed by dinner he picked up a carton of Ben & Jerry's chocolate ice cream/brownie dessert for me since I love chocolate ice cream. :in_love: :yum: B&J's is a bit too much sugary for me, but I ate some of it anyway. :LOL:

I made Sally's Buried Steak. I used a meatloaf mixture to make 3 large patties and fried them to get a crust on them and then smothered them in stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce and Italian green beans that had be drained and heated in garlic butter. (YUM!)

I ended up with 2-1/2 patties left, with plenty of sauce. Enough for a couple of delicious meals in the freezer for later use.

Meatballs and Italian sausage (from the freezer) in the tomato sauce Craig made over the weekend over buccatini.

Back
Top Bottom