Dinner Effort - Tuesday, 2/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
A Pan Dance tonight - Ground Beef, Onion,Diced Tomatoes, Mushrooms & Elbows, topped with a White Cheddar Melt...Chili Powder, Garlic Powder.... not quite Goulash, not quite soup....

Pan Dancing 2020.jpg

Today is the 11th in Canada. :-p

With two grocery deliveries today, we are both exhausted. We will be ordering from Mr. Falafel.

We had bratwurst simmered in beer and sauerkraut, green beans seasoned with a Bavarian blend I picked up in OH, and mashed potatoes. A little squiggle of Bertman's Stadium Mustard. Salads, too.IMG_20200211_201858287.jpg

My younger daughter came for dinner tonight. I made a pork tenderloin marinated in garlic and Herbs de Provence. It was topped with a sauce made of reconstituted porcini mushrooms, shallots, cognac, cream and butter. We had Lyonnaise potatoes and steamed asparagus with the pork. Dessert was purchased Boston area pie cupcakes.

We were going to do leftovers yesterday - but Mom changed her mind. So it was bacon, scrambled eggs & cheese, and sliced cucumbers and tomatoes. Chocolate-covered pretzels for dessert.

My younger daughter came for dinner tonight. I made a pork tenderloin marinated in garlic and Herbs de Provence. It was topped with a sauce made of reconstituted porcini mushrooms, shallots, cognac, cream and butter. We had Lyonnaise potatoes and steamed asparagus with the pork. Dessert was purchased Boston area pie cupcakes.

Sorry, dessert was Boston Cream Pie...

Yum everyone!
And Andy, did you save me a piece of that Boston Cream Pie?

IMG_5422.jpg

We got 2+ inch of that fluffy wet stuff yesterday,
so grilling was out of the question
:LOL:
(that's never stopped me before)

IMG_5408.jpg

… so thankfully, I had leftover grilled Flank Steak from Friday,
because DH thought it wasn't "Aloha Friday kinda food..." :huh:

IMG_5423.jpg

… it's Taco Tuesday here "In The Middle Of The Desert"
I re-purposed the Steak, sliced VERY thin, toasted some Flour
Tortillas on the Gas Cooktop burner,
added some vegetation consisting of Romaine Lettuce,
Radishes, Tomatoes and Sweet White Onions
jarred Salsa for DH
Sour Cream for Moi
:yum:

K, they were Boston Cream Pie cupcakes we bought locally. There is one left and it's my breakfast. Sorry.

GENIUS! :yum: Simply genius Andy!

Kgirl, those tacos look especially good. I always fire toast my flour tortillas for any application as it really brings out the flavor opposed to using the microwave for them.

Right K-L?!
This is the first gas range that I've owned and always wanted to char the Tortillas for Tacos.
On the gas grill didn't work out so well, they'd notoriously stick, no matter how well lubed the grates were:mad:
DH is in love with this version:
"Can we make Tacos like this all the time?"
:wub:
Still not sure why it's taken me THREE YEARS to execute this technique :LOL:

GENIUS! :yum: Simply genius Andy!

Right K-L?!
This is the first gas range that I've owned and always wanted to char the Tortillas for Tacos.
On the gas grill didn't work out so well, they'd notoriously stick, no matter how well lubed the grates were:mad:
DH is in love with this version:
"Can we make Tacos like this all the time?"
:wub:
Still not sure why it's taken me THREE YEARS to execute this technique :LOL:

Yup, you definitely need a gas fired cook top to do this. It takes a little practice, and I've been teaching the SC that you must keep the tortilla moving on the grate with tongs. It takes a little practice but Burritos and Enchiladas are greatly enhanced with the method also. I think this method is great and not even anything to wash.

Last edited:
Yup, you definitely need a gas fired cook top to do this. It takes a little practice, and I've been teaching the SC that you must keep the tortilla moving on the grate with tongs. It takes a little practice but Burritos and Enchiladas are greatly enhanced with the method also. I think this method is great and not even anything to wash.

DH, who claims NOT to know anything about food :LOL:, and I were talking about the topic of toasting/charring the Tortilla and we had the same idea as you K-L.

green chile chicken enchilada.jpg

The next time that I make my version of Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas, I'm going to try this technique prior to putting the Enchiladas together :yum:

Roasted cornish game hens, injected with Batter Than Boullon Roasted Chicken broth. The leftover broth was blended with butter and rubbed all over the bird. I minimised pans by making 2 inch high ring out of foil. This was placed in my 8 inch CI pan, and the bird on top of the ring. Baked at 425 to 165' as measured by thermometer. I was rewarded with crisp, great flavred skin, and super juicy, and tender meat.

Mashed spuds were made by nuking 2 yokon gold spuds, and 1 mediun-large russet. Removed the potato meat from the skins and mashed with two tbs. butter, and 1/4cup half 'n half, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Sprinkle chopped chives on top. DW had spinach, while I ate beets in orange sauce for my veggie.

It was a really good meal, and easy to make. The drippins were left in the pan, and used to mage gravy. Just add chopped scallion and thicken with roux. Yum!

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom