Dinner for 4/23?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i'm roasting my duckling now with my sage mixture along with my squash for PA's dumplings. gotta get some potatoes in that oven, too.
what are you having for dinner?

I'm really exhasted today and I can't figure out why. I alos have some final projects due this week that I'm working on, so this does not bode well for dinner!

Unless I get some huge boost of energy I think it's frozen pizza or takeout tonight.

HB's cooking chicken and brats on the grill. I have some pretty garlic (bagfull from Sam's), that I think I'll wrap in foil and put on the grill to roast.

I had this last night..
Saturday is 4 course day
22april1.jpg
22april2.jpg

1.creamy broccoli-cheese soup 2. steamed long rough dab on salad with mustard sauce

22april3.jpg
22april4.jpg

3. salmon with pasta and tomato basil sauce 4. icecream with warm peach

Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts with Sage-Vermouth Sauce, Roasted Butternut Squash, and Couscous.

I am working tonight so I will be leaving some chicken breasts for Ken to BBQ, and I will take along a tub or two of homemade turkey soup. I just never know what I might get at work, and I like to be prepared with something I KNOW I will eat.

I started some Italian sausage, cut up top round steak, to make a pasta sauce for penne, added some imported dried mushrooms and their broth,some chantrells,some chopped button mushrooms,onions,garlic parsley, italian seasonings,beef stock,can of crushed tomatoes, am frying chicken and making some cannoli's..This is my first time making the cannoli's I hope they turn out. Also doing a tossed green salad and garlic bread. Happy sunday:)

kadesma

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Kadesma, if we ever organize a DC get together can you please plan the food? I'll be your sous chef.

Roast whole chicken. I think I will stuff the cavity with some fresh rosemary sprigs and a couple of lemon halves. I also have some leftover mixture from making mish's potato waffle thingies that I will recreate into something for me and daughter. HH will have spinach instead - so far he is being really good on sticking to the Atkins stuff.

Alix, I'd love to join each of you for a get together, and I'd cook my tail off for this group..Course, I'd want everyone to join me doing this, as we have the worlds best here..When it comes to cooking our DC'ers are IT!!!

kadesma:LOL:

I agree, kadesma. I'm actually not much of a joiner, but this gang is always so pleasant and talented that it would be a pleasure to have a sit-down together.

Have done a MW carrot/leek/tomato soup. Rack of lamb, that's been marinating overnite in parsley/basil/thyme/evoo,red wine vinegar, garlic. Risostto with fresh green peas. And I've just made some rugelah

Years ago, we had an Epicurious, actually, two years running, group get together here in Toronto. It was wonderful to finally meet some of the folks we'd been chatting with for years....and for the Saturday nite dinner, either people brought things they'd made or used our kitchen to prepare...It really is great meeting one's chat friends!!!!

Kadesma, let me know how your cannoli turns out. I bought some forms but haven't used them. Right after, I saw someone on tv make them using forms made from foil.

licia said:
Kadesma, let me know how your cannoli turns out. I bought some forms but haven't used them. Right after, I saw someone on tv make them using forms made from foil.
licia, I didn't make the shells, I just made the filling I had already made shells, my daughter brought me. I do want to make my own, the filling tastes great and I want to now try making the shells as well, thye have to be better than the ones I have.
kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom