Dinner for Dad's Day..June 15, '14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
What's the food plan?

It will be a quiet day here but I'll be grilling. Ribs, whole onions, marinated pineapple spears, asparagus, and foil wrapped potatoes. We'll have TJ's carrot cake and ice cream too.

Last edited:
SO is being really good to me. It's been more of a Father's Day week. She even went to the lengths to plan a great Father's Day dinner for me to prepare.

Tonight's Father's Day dinner will be filet mignon, Lyonnaise potatoes and asparagus. I think I'll open a bottle of wine to compliment the meal.

Well, we don't have our own dads anymore ,they were promoted some years ago but that's Ok because we are 'Mums & dads' ourselves, but I'll spoil the old man for our kids sake as our little unit live in three different countries, France, Spain and England. Yes, it's different here. Although,not much different to you all living ALL over America.
Anyway, Past and present 'DADS' in our family always had/ have Roast beef for their favorite dinner and so that is what we'll have tonight. We will also open a nice red wine having Skyped with the kids and then have an early night having sat up until 2am to watch England Lose to italy in the world cup!! Oh Joy!!

It is our usual "go out" night, but that will depend on how I am feeling. (I am still in pain but have a little more stamina.)

We were originally going to take TB's dad out last night for dinner but that was before the fall and I wasn't up to it. They are going to TB's sister's tonight.

So, I have no idea what or where we will be eating.

It is a bit of a sad day for me because my sister always did Dad's birthday and I did Father's Day. This is the second since he's been gone.

Called the First Man in my Life and now working on figuring out what the Third Man in my life would like for dinner...prolly just leftovers.

All is well LP. Try not to be too sad although I know it hurts. You don't get over it but you do get used to it, I promise. He's just up there with all our other dads shootin' the breeze. OK?

One of Glenn's favorites will be the entree: grilled salmon. Then, another of his favorites, some steamed fresh tiny, tiny asparagus, along with sauteed zucchini and yellow squash (the first from our container garden), iced tea and, finally, a healthy dose of plum crumb dessert.

Our container veggie garden is just now beginning to produce and, from the looks of things, we'll be more than satisfied with yellow squash and zucchini, as well as tomatoes of many varieties. Yum!!!!

Mama's making me baked herb-encrusted Cod Steaks, baked cubed potatoes rolled in onion soup mix and a surprise (?) for a vegetable. Simple, basic but something I love.

I fixed a pot roast with carrots, celery, onions etc... for lunch.

Supper is going to be strawberries and whipped cream! :pig:

Got a great deal on an 8 1/2 ham, so I cooked it in my Ninja cooker with cider and glazed, so moist and tender. Made some homemade macaroni and cheese to go with. We'll have some leftover ham to pick at some vacuum sealed and frozen for later meals. Vacuum sealed the ham bone for a soup during the cooler months.

MY Dad is gone, and the kid's dad and I are divorced but I did remember to send a Happy Father's Day note. Unfortunately, Dad's in Florida and the kids are in CA and CT.

I did enjoy grilling my peppers and apple chicken sausage for dinner tonight. Enjoyed that with a delicious kale salad with mango and pepitas with a honey, lemon & olive oil dressing.?

Jr/ GF drove into the city and took us out for breakfast. We relaxed in my backyard in the afternoon and Dx magically produced the makings to put strawberry shortcakes together. I didn't see her bring this, so that was a surprise. I am not hungry for dinner but I might have strawberries and whip cream later.

All is well LP. Try not to be too sad although I know it hurts. You don't get over it but you do get used to it, I promise. He's just up there with all our other dads shootin' the breeze. OK?

Thanks, menumaker. I am not too sad, I know he is in a much better place and his passing was a true blessing as he was so ill. It is just a little niggling of what is gone. And I have a wonderful FIL who we can still celebrate with! I am so happy to have great in-laws.

We still aren't sure what we are having for dinner. I have been sleeping and TB has been installing the new screen door. :)

Happy Father's Day to all the dads.

The kid and SIL came up this morning and made brunch...GF crepes w/ strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream, scrambled eggs topped with smoked cheddar, sausage and OJ. They even cleaned up the mess.

DH requested chicken fried steak, home fries and cream gravy, so I thawed some cube steaks. Fresh steamed WA asparagus on the side. Dessert is rhubarb clafouti.

What? Monkey has already wrecked one screen door in a year?
No, this is still the first door. With us both being sick and other things happening the door has been leaning against the dining room wall. Now it is up and just getting the final touches. It is glass from top to bottom with a roll away screen in the top...so there is a slight chance Monkey can't wreck it. :ermm:

They will be able to look out and see everything happening so that is good.

We are going out. Probably to Swiss Chalet or a local restaurant, ABC

I took my honey to Hot Dog King for chili dogs after church then the kids came over and took him out to Red Robin for dinner. He had the All American Patty melt and I had the Whiskey River BBQ chicken. Talked with my dad on the phone and emailed with the FIL. After dinner, we watched UVA win the first game of the College World Series. All in all a fine day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom