Dinner for Fri April 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
Penne alla vodka with shrimp:chef:
salad :chef:
and Kadesma's artichoke appy bread (instead of garlic bread):chef:
Tres Leche cake for dessert.:chef:

Kiersten is coming home from college for the night and is bringing her "new friend"I'm calling a carpentar tomorrow and putting a revolving door on the front of the house for all of Kiersten's "new friends":wacko:

DW is going out with the girls tonight. It is the first time she is going out without the baby since she was born. I am home tonight with Rachel. Mom is babysitting today so Rach and I might go out to dinner with mom and dad if they want. Maybe I can talk them into sushi. Otherwise I am not sure what dinner will be.

Tonight I'm planning on making a Smoked Mozzarella/Eggplant/Tomato baked pasta dish that I haven't had in awhile. Good smoked mozzarella isn't always available locally, so when I come across it, this dish always pops into mind, & the local organic market had the cheese when I was in there last Sunday.

Unfortunately, this did mean that I had to splurge on out-of-season eggplant (good quality though) at $1.99 pound. (Fancy schmancy "Neon" eggplant was going for $3.99 a pound!!! Geesh. Certainly made me appreciate all the little eggplant seedlings I have growing under lights in my bathroom - lol!)

After what Kiersten just imed me I'm ready to add the vodka NOW to my grapefruit juice!!!!!

Thanks TG-it's just- oh-well you know -know matter how you much you want to -motherhood is just one job nobody let's you resign from!!!*SIGH*
This whole dinner I planned was because I know one of Kiersten's favorite dishes is Penne alla Vodka.She imed me that pasta upsets her stomach- which I know is bs and the anorexia talking.So I asked her what she would like me to make anad I got the "I don't know."Yet SHE invited a friend to dinner.*UGH* Ok going to find my happy place now.......

Back
Top Bottom