Dinner for Friday July 31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'll be grilling some chicken wings for dinner tonight. We'll have a tossed salad along side.

Potato gnocchi in brown butter sage sauce and heirloom tomatoes with Buratta and a balsamic vinaigrette.:yum:

I grilled some hamburgers and served them with mozz cheese (the only cheese I had) red onion from the garden, tomato slices from the Farmers Market and wrapped them with lettuce leaves. Was deliciously messy.

DH is out playing golf with friends tonight, so I'm on my own. I'll have leftover tuna salad and some sliced cucumber, carrot and tomato with ranch dressing. Had a late lunch so I'm not hungry yet.

I grilled some hamburgers and served them with mozz cheese (the only cheese I had) red onion from the garden, tomato slices from the Farmers Market and wrapped them with lettuce leaves. Was deliciously messy.

We're doing grilled Swiss cheese burgers tonight too. I'll fry up the bacon and onions on the side burner to go on top, and toast the Kaiser Rolls on the grill too. Fresh tomato slices will go on the top, with a mix of mayo and Sriracha. It should be a dripping off the elbows good time. ;)

Hot and humid this afternoon. I had the last bit of the potato salad from yesterday, a handful of chilled grape tomatoes, a deviled egg, and cucumber slices with ranch. To go with it, a tall glass of raspberry tea with lots of ice.

I am by myself tonight because TB is working and Kay is out on a much deserved night out after taking such good care of me all week.

A friend brought over some pork tenderloin, all cooked, a quinoa salad and fresh cherries!

I am going to have a feast....it is all good for me and no work! :)

We're doing grilled Swiss cheese burgers tonight too. I'll fry up the bacon and onions on the side burner to go on top, and toast the Kaiser Rolls on the grill too. Fresh tomato slices will go on the top, with a mix of mayo and Sriracha. It should be a dripping off the elbows good time. ;)
One of the smartest things I did outside of marrying her, was to buy a BBQ with a side burner

I tossed together Gabo-gabo with stuff from the garden. Instead of hb eggs, we grilled some steaks. I don't know how to attach the pic. This was one of the dishes I had been researching and was quite pleased with my take on it.

I tossed together Gabo-gabo with stuff from the garden. Instead of hb eggs, we grilled some steaks. I don't know how to attach the pic. This was one of the dishes I had been researching and was quite pleased with my take on it.
Do you take the pix with your phone? If you want to attach pix from your phone when you are using your computer, you can use Dropbox. It's free. It will sync the pix on your phone with a folder on your computer and with the cloud (their online site).

Did grocery shopping today, and the figs that were on sale last week must not have moved. Today they offered them even cheaper, and they were not overripe! I bought more and stuffed them with the goat cheese, wrapped with prosciutto, and baked them. Went whole-hog with prosciutto actually, wrapping fresh asparagus spears and mozzarella cheese sticks with it, too. We finished up the last of the chicken and potato salads, and had a big greens salad on the side. We better eat salt-free the rest of the weekend! :LOL:

"Fast Bites" brand frozen chili cheese dogs. $1 each at Dollar Tree stores. lol.
Total junk food. So what! It's actually better than me boiling up a hot dog, opening a $2.50 can of "chili with no beans" and having to discard the rest after a few days of not wanting any more. Tastes almost as good as Weinerschnitzel's, which isn't exactly saying a whole lot. :ROFLMAO:

hot_dog.gif

Last edited:
CG....that sounds so good! I love a goat cheese and fig combo (mild goat cheese for me though, please :LOL:).

Kay and Beth, you both have my mouth watering for grilled burgers. :yum: Needs to be on the menu here very soon!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom